CRISPR is revolutionizing the field of gene editing. It has the potential to alter the course of research and drug discovery, by providing scientists with a powerful tool to change any gene, in any cell in a highly targeted manner and without introducing foreign DNA. The benefits of CRISPR/Cas9 over previous forms of gene editing, such as TALENs and zinc finger nuclease (ZFN), are that it is much simpler to implement and has higher efficiency at performing bi-allelic gene modifications.
GenScript is pleased to introduce GenCRISPR™, a full CRISPR based gene editing service, to produce a genetically modified cell using any mammalian cell line and targeting any gene. Our scientists are experts at performing gene editing with CRISPR, from designing gRNA constructs for CRISPR to transfection and single clone generation of a wide range of cells, including difficult to transfect and tumor cell lines.
|GenCRISPR™ cell line service||Cell lines||Deliverables||Timeline||Starting price|
EZ Knock-out cell line service
A375, CHO-K1, HCT116, HEK293, HEK293T, Hela, HEP-2, U2OS
Customized Knock-out cell line service
Any cell line of interest
16-20 weeks (easy-to-handle lines)
20-30 weeks (difficult-to-handle lines)
Knock-out cell pool
Any cell line of interest
*It is preferred that customers provide their own cell lines, but cell lines can also be purchased by GenScript for an additional fee.
**Pricing includes cost for one cell line derived from a single clone with one target gene knocked out. An additional fee will be applied for additional clones.
|Additional single clones||
An additional single clone, from the same pool as the first single clone, will be characterized and sent to the customer. Additional clone will be target sequence analyzed and included in the final report
Validation of biallelic knock-out cell line or cell pool at protein level
Validation of biallelic knock-out cell line at protein level by sequencing cDNA
Validation or characterization of knockout cell line or cell pool by measuring mRNA level change.
|Off-target QC data||
Top 10 of potential off-target genes will be provided to the customer, and customer will choose which genes need to be sequenced. A detailed report, with sequencing of off-target regions will be provided to the customer
Characterization of knock-out cell line growth by monitoring cell growth rate
Using viral-based CRISPR to develop a homozygous K-ras knock-out in HCT116 cells See more »
Using CRISPR to develop a glutamine synthetase (GS) knockout DG44 cell line See more »
Tested cell lines
GenScript has extensive experience in custom cell line editing. The tested cell lines include:
|A375||Human malignant melanoma|
|A549||Human lung adenocarcinoma epithelial|
|CHO||Hamster ovary epithelial|
|Colo320||Human colon adenocarcinoma|
|Expi293F||Bioproduction cell line|
|HCT116||Human colon epithelial|
|HEK293||Human embryonic kidney|
|Hela||Human cervix epithelial|
|HEP-2||Human laryngeal carcinoma, Hela contaminant|
|HepaRG||Human hepatic stem cell|
|HepG2||Human liver epithelial|
|HK2||Human kidney proximal tubule|
|HT-29||Human colon epithelial|
|Jurkat||Human T Lymphocyte|
|MDCKII||Canine kidney epithelial|
|NCI-H1299||Human lung lymph node|
|Vero||Monkey kidney epithelial|
|Vero76||Monkey kidney epithelial|
|Wit49||Human Wilms tumor|
|WSU-DLCL2||Human B cell lymphoma|
|WT macrophage cell lines|
- gRNA sequence databases Validated gRNA sequences for efficient, specific targeting of WTCas9 or SAM
- CRISPR gRNA constructs: all-in-one and dual WT SpCas9, SaCas9 and Nickase plasmids for single gRNA expression.
- SAM constructs for transcription activation.
- CRISPR gRNA libraries: genome-wide knock-out (GeCKO v2), transcription activation (SAM) and pathway-focused libraries for efficient screening.
- Microbial genome editing service using a novel λ Red – CRISPR/Cas system
- GenScript offers lentiviral based service, CellPower™ and other cell line services.
- GenCrispr/Cas9 genome editing products-purified Cas9 proteins and related products to facilitate high efficient genome engineering
Quotations and Ordering
For quotation requests:
- Download and complete the request form:
- Email the form to email@example.com or upload the completed form through our secure online request management server.
- Call us at 1-732-885-9188
To place an order:
- Orders can be placed by phone, email or fax with a formal PO (Purchase Order) or credit card.
Legal Statement of GenCRISPR Services and Products (Updated on July 28, 2015):
- GenCRISPR™ services and products are covered under US 8,697,359, US 8,771,945, US 8,795,965, US 8,865,406, US 8,871,445, US 8,889,356, US 8,889,418, US 8,895,308, US 8,906,616 and foreign equivalents and licensed from Broad Institute, Inc. Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- .The products and the reagents generated from these services shall be used as tools for research purposes, and shall exclude (a) any human or clinical use, including, without limitation, any administration into humans or any diagnostic or prognostic use, (b) any human germline modification, including modifying the DNA of human embryos or human reproductive cells, (c) any in vivo veterinary or livestock use, or (d) the manufacture, distribution, importation, exportation, transportation, sale, offer for sale, marketing, promotion or other exploitation or use of, or as, a testing service, therapeutic or diagnostic for humans or animals.
- The purchase of the GenCRISPR Services and Products coveys to the purchaser the limited, non-transferable right to use the products purchased and the reagents generated from GenCRISPR services and any related material solely for Research Purposes only, not for any Commercial Purposes.
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, Monday through Friday, to assist you. However, you may also contact us by email , phone, or fax.