Sequence in raw or FASTA format:
VEGFA vascular endothelial growth factor A [Bos taurus (cattle)]
|Entrez Gene ID
||vascular endothelial growth factor A
||VEGF, VEGF-A, VPF, eVEGF120, eVEGF164
|General protein information
- Preferred Names
- vascular endothelial growth factor A
- vascular endothelial growth factor A
- vascular permeability factor
- vascular endothelial growth factor 164
||Bos taurus (cattle)
|GO:0001934||positive regulation of protein phosphorylation||ISS|
|GO:0001938||positive regulation of endothelial cell proliferation||IDA|
|GO:0010595||positive regulation of endothelial cell migration||ISS|
|GO:0031334||positive regulation of protein complex assembly||ISS|
|GO:0045766||positive regulation of angiogenesis||ISS|
|GO:0050731||positive regulation of peptidyl-tyrosine phosphorylation||ISS|
|GO:0051781||positive regulation of cell division||IEA|
|GO:0051894||positive regulation of focal adhesion assembly||ISS|
|GO:0071456||cellular response to hypoxia||IDA|
Related articles in PubMed
- Advanced glycation end products increase permeability of brain microvascular endothelial cells through reactive oxygen species-induced vascular endothelial growth factor expression. Niiya Y, et al. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis, 2012 May. PMID 21296593.
- The polymorphisms of bovine VEGF gene and their associations with growth traits in Chinese cattle. Pang Y, et al. Mol Biol Rep, 2011 Feb. PMID 20376703.
- Somatic cell nuclear transfer is associated with altered expression of angiogenic factor systems in bovine placentomes at term. Campos DB, et al. Genet Mol Res, 2010 Feb 23. PMID 20198587.
- Expression of VEGF and its receptors in the bovine endometrium throughout the estrous cycle: effects of VEGF on prostaglandin production in endometrial cells. Tasaki Y, et al. J Reprod Dev, 2010 Apr. PMID 20035107.
- Vascular endothelial growth factor regulates germ cell survival during establishment of spermatogenesis in the bovine testis. Caires KC, et al. Reproduction, 2009 Oct. PMID 19633133.
See all (40) citations in PubMed
See citations in PubMed for homologs of this gene provided by HomoloGene
GeneRIFs: Gene References Into Functions What's a GeneRIF?
Microvascular endothelial cells are more susceptible than aortic cells to advanced glycation end products-enhanced permeability and that AGE-enhanced permeability is dependent on VEGF expression induced by reactive oxygen species.
Title: Advanced glycation end products increase permeability of brain microvascular endothelial cells through reactive oxygen species-induced vascular endothelial growth factor expression.
VEGF supports germ cell survival and sperm production in bulls.
Title: Vascular endothelial growth factor regulates germ cell survival during establishment of spermatogenesis in the bovine testis.
analysis of polymorphisms of bovine VEGF gene and their associations with growth traits in Chinese cattle
Title: The polymorphisms of bovine VEGF gene and their associations with growth traits in Chinese cattle.
VEGF mRNA expression at estrus was higher than at the early I, early II and late luteal stages (P<0.05), whereas VEGF protein content was greatest at the early I luteal stage and decreased thereafter
Title: Expression of VEGF and its receptors in the bovine endometrium throughout the estrous cycle: effects of VEGF on prostaglandin production in endometrial cells.
Alterations in the expression of VEGF-A and bFGF systems suggest that angiogenic factors are involved in abnormal placental development in cloned gestations, contributing to impaired fetal development and poor survival rates.
Title: Somatic cell nuclear transfer is associated with altered expression of angiogenic factor systems in bovine placentomes at term.
inhibition of NO production by Ang-1, via phosphorylation of eNOS on Thr(497) by PKC zeta, is responsible, at least in part, for inhibition of VEGF-stimulated endothelial permeability by Ang-1.
Title: Phosphorylation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase by atypical PKC zeta contributes to angiopoietin-1-dependent inhibition of VEGF-induced endothelial permeability in vitro.
ALK1 and ALK5 are both essential for correct regulation of VEGF, and that disruption of either pathway leads to disease.
Title: Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor is coordinately regulated by the activin-like kinase receptors 1 and 5 in endothelial cells.
DNA methylation of VEGF in blg(+/-) was noticeably decreased.
Title: DNA methylation changes in cell line from beta-lactoglobulin gene targeted fetus.
VEGF-dependent production of NO by eNOS is mediated by as cascade involving ezrin, calpain, PI-3-kinase, AMPK and AKT.
Title: An ezrin/calpain/PI3K/AMPK/eNOSs1179 signaling cascade mediating VEGF-dependent endothelial nitric oxide production.
Angiopoietin-2 may support the angiogenic effects of VEGF-A in these corpus luteum stages.
Title: Vascular dynamics in relation to immunolocalisation of VEGF-A, VEGFR-2 and Ang-2 in the bovine corpus luteum.
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, Monday through Friday; please contact us anytime for assistance.