Sequence in raw or FASTA format:
COL2A1 collagen, type II, alpha 1 [Bos taurus (cattle)]
|Entrez Gene ID
||collagen, type II, alpha 1
|General protein information
- Preferred Names
- collagen alpha-1(II) chain
- collagen alpha-1(II) chain
- pro-alpha 1(II)
- cyanogen bromide
- alpha-1 type II collagen
||Bos taurus (cattle)
|5493857||Extracellular matrix organization|
|5494646||Assembly of collagen fibrils and other multimeric structures|
|5494674||Collagen biosynthesis and modifying enzymes|
Related articles in PubMed
- Two subsystems of meniscal collagen and their different thermal stabilities. Ignatieva NY, et al. Dokl Biochem Biophys, 2012 May-Jun. PMID 22773005.
- Disc strain and resulting positive mRNA expression from application of a noninvasive treatment. Desmoulin GT, et al. Spine (Phila Pa 1976), 2011 Jun 15. PMID 21289569.
- Free axial vibrations at 0 to 200 Hz positively affect extracellular matrix messenger ribonucleic acid expression in bovine nucleus pulposi. Desmoulin GT, et al. Spine (Phila Pa 1976), 2010 Jul 1. PMID 20386503.
- Type II and VI collagen in nasal and articular cartilage and the effect of IL-1alpha on the distribution of these collagens. Jansen ID, et al. J Mol Histol, 2010 Feb. PMID 20213143.
- A whole-genome assembly of the domestic cow, Bos taurus. Zimin AV, et al. Genome Biol, 2009. PMID 19393038.
See all (20) citations in PubMed
See citations in PubMed for homologs of this gene provided by HomoloGene
GeneRIFs: Gene References Into Functions What's a GeneRIF?
Two subsystems of meniscal collagen and their different thermal stabilities.
Title: Two subsystems of meniscal collagen and their different thermal stabilities.
Data show that expression of mRNAs for aggrecan, collagen type II, and versican were significantly effected by the intervention.
Title: Disc strain and resulting positive mRNA expression from application of a noninvasive treatment.
Data show that biglycan, collagen type I, collagen type II, decorin, and versican were significantly affected by vibration duration, frequency, and amplitude.
Title: Free axial vibrations at 0 to 200 Hz positively affect extracellular matrix messenger ribonucleic acid expression in bovine nucleus pulposi.
The distribution of type II and VI collagen was immunocytochemically investigated in bovine articular and nasal cartilage.
Title: Type II and VI collagen in nasal and articular cartilage and the effect of IL-1alpha on the distribution of these collagens.
IGF-I dose-dependently maintained cartilage formation
Title: Cartilage formation measured by a novel PIINP assay suggests that IGF-I does not stimulate but maintains cartilage formation ex vivo.
Response of the chondrocyte to a cryptic sequence of denaturated type II collagen may play a role in naturally occurring hypertrophy in endochondral ossification and in the development of cartilage pathology in osteoarthritis.
Title: [Type II collagen fragment capacity to induce collagen cleavage and hypertrophy of articular chondrocyte].
SMase down-regulates type II collagen in articular chondrocytes via activation of the ERK signaling cascade, redistribution of SOX9, and recruitment of c-Fos
Title: Sphingomyelinase decreases type II collagen expression in bovine articular cartilage chondrocytes via the ERK signaling pathway.
specific ADAMTS-2 domains cleave the aminopropeptide of fibrillar procollagens types I-III and V
Title: Domains and maturation processes that regulate the activity of ADAMTS-2, a metalloproteinase cleaving the aminopropeptide of fibrillar procollagens types I-III and V.
Changes in aggrecan and type II collagen promoter activity in transfected chondrocyte-laden cylindrical constructs were evaluated in response to a range of loading frequencies and durations.
Title: Regulation of cartilaginous ECM gene transcription by chondrocytes and MSCs in 3D culture in response to dynamic loading.
Precisely the same conformational epitope constituted by the residues ARGLT on the three chains of the CII triple helix is recognized by the CB268 and CII-C1 mAbs.
Title: Two monoclonal antibodies to precisely the same epitope of type II collagen select non-crossreactive phage clones by phage display: implications for autoimmunity and molecular mimicry.
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, Monday through Friday; please contact us anytime for assistance.