Sequence in raw or FASTA format:
CCL20 chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 20 [Homo sapiens (human)]
|Entrez Gene ID
||chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 20
||CKb4, LARC, MIP-3-alpha, MIP-3a, MIP3A, SCYA20, ST38
|General protein information
- Preferred Names
- C-C motif chemokine 20
- C-C motif chemokine 20
- CC chemokine LARC
- beta chemokine exodus-1
- small-inducible cytokine A20
- macrophage inflammatory protein 3 alpha
- liver and activation-regulated chemokine
- small inducible cytokine subfamily A (Cys-Cys), member 20
||Homo sapiens (human)
Related articles in PubMed
- The serine protease plasmin triggers expression of the CC-chemokine ligand 20 in dendritic cells via Akt/NF-κB-dependent pathways. Li X, et al. J Biomed Biotechnol, 2012. PMID 23118497.
- ORMDL3 is an inducible lung epithelial gene regulating metalloproteases, chemokines, OAS, and ATF6. Miller M, et al. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 2012 Oct 9. PMID 23011799.
- Macrophage inflammatory protein-3 alpha (MIP-3a) is a novel serum prognostic marker in patients with colorectal cancer. Iwata T, et al. J Surg Oncol, 2013 Feb. PMID 22926691.
- Human papillomavirus type 8 interferes with a novel C/EBPβ-mediated mechanism of keratinocyte CCL20 chemokine expression and Langerhans cell migration. Sperling T, et al. PLoS Pathog, 2012. PMID 22911498.
- Antimicrobial responses of primary gingival cells to Porphyromonas gingivalis. Dommisch H, et al. J Clin Periodontol, 2012 Oct. PMID 22860513.
See all (132) citations in PubMed
See citations in PubMed for homologs of this gene provided by HomoloGene
GeneRIFs: Gene References Into Functions What's a GeneRIF?
CXCR3 promotes recruitment of Th17 cells from the blood into the liver in both human and murine liver injury. Their subsequent positioning near bile ducts is dependent on CCR6 and cholangiocyte-secreted CCL20.
Title: CXCR3-dependent recruitment and CCR6-mediated positioning of Th-17 cells in the inflamed liver.
In fibroblasts, the commensal bacterium Streptococcus gordonii stimulated the mRNA of CCL20 after 24 h, while not in gingival epithelial cells.
Title: Antimicrobial responses of primary gingival cells to Porphyromonas gingivalis.
Plasmin triggers release of the chemokine CCL20 from dendritic cells.
Title: The serine protease plasmin triggers expression of the CC-chemokine ligand 20 in dendritic cells via Akt/NF-κB-dependent pathways.
Increased MIP-3a was significantly associated with synchronous liver metastases and poor prognosis in colorectal cancer patients.
Title: Macrophage inflammatory protein-3 alpha (MIP-3a) is a novel serum prognostic marker in patients with colorectal cancer.
CCL20 may be used for the detection of HCC in HCV-infected patients with comparable specificity and higher sensitivity than AFP.
Title: The role of chemokine CC ligand 20 in patients with liver cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma.
identified CCAAT/enhancer binding protein beta as a critical regulator of CCL20 gene expression in normal human keratinocytes; HPV8 E7 oncoprotein suppressed C/EBPbeta-inducible and constitutive CCL20 gene expression as well as Langerhans cell migration
Title: Human papillomavirus type 8 interferes with a novel C/EBPβ-mediated mechanism of keratinocyte CCL20 chemokine expression and Langerhans cell migration.
These results suggest that Brucella induces only a weak proinflammatory response in gut epithelial cells, but produces a significant CCL20 secretion.
Title: Brucella invasion of human intestinal epithelial cells elicits a weak proinflammatory response but a significant CCL20 secretion.
CCL20 is a pivotal mediator of Langerhans cells recruitment into epidermis.
Title: CCL5 and CCL20 mediate immigration of Langerhans cells into the epidermis of full thickness human skin equivalents.
Data show that transfection of ORMDL3 in bronchial epithelial cells induced expression of MMP-9, ADAM-8, CCL-20, IL-8, CXCL-10, CXCL-11, oligoadenylate synthetases (OAS) genes, and selectively activated activating transcription factor 6 (ATF6).
Title: ORMDL3 is an inducible lung epithelial gene regulating metalloproteases, chemokines, OAS, and ATF6.
MIP-3alpha-driven recruitment of Th17 cells or CD45R0+ memory T lymphocytes is not affected in patients carrying heterozygous NOD2 variants.
Title: MIP-3α expression in macrophages is NOD dependent.
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, Monday through Friday; please contact us anytime for assistance.