Sequence in raw or FASTA format:
CX3CL1 chemokine (C-X3-C motif) ligand 1 [Homo sapiens (human)]
|Entrez Gene ID
||chemokine (C-X3-C motif) ligand 1
||ABCD-3, C3Xkine, CXC3, CXC3C, NTN, NTT, SCYD1, fractalkine, neurotactin
|General protein information
- Preferred Names
- C-X3-C motif chemokine 1
- small-inducible cytokine D1
- CX3C membrane-anchored chemokine
- small inducible cytokine subfamily D (Cys-X3-Cys), member-1
- small inducible cytokine subfamily D (Cys-X3-Cys), member 1 (fractalkine, neurotactin)
||Homo sapiens (human)
Pathway Interaction Database
Related articles in PubMed
- Human cytomegalovirus chemokine receptor US28 induces migration of cells on a CX3CL1-presenting surface. Hjortø GM, et al. J Gen Virol, 2013 May. PMID 23303826.
- The transmembrane chemokines CXCL16 and CX3CL1 and their receptors are expressed in human meningiomas. Li G, et al. Oncol Rep, 2013 Feb. PMID 23229614.
- Integrins αvβ3 and α4β1 act as coreceptors for fractalkine, and the integrin-binding defective mutant of fractalkine is an antagonist of CX3CR1. Fujita M, et al. J Immunol, 2012 Dec 15. PMID 23125415.
- Arterial and venous endothelia display differential functional fractalkine (CX3CL1) expression by angiotensin-II. Rius C, et al. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol, 2013 Jan. PMID 23117657.
- Inflammatory effects of resistin on human smooth muscle cells: up-regulation of fractalkine and its receptor, CX3CR1 expression by TLR4 and Gi-protein pathways. Gan AM, et al. Cell Tissue Res, 2013 Jan. PMID 23086480.
See all (163) citations in PubMed
See citations in PubMed for homologs of this gene provided by HomoloGene
GeneRIFs: Gene References Into Functions What's a GeneRIF?
In contrast to CX3CR1, which promotes efficient cell capture upon binding to anchored CX3CL1, US28 acts to increase the migration of cells upon binding to the same ligand.
Title: Human cytomegalovirus chemokine receptor US28 induces migration of cells on a CX3CL1-presenting surface.
CX3CL1 was found to be abundantly expressed in human meningioma samples of different malignant grades.
Title: The transmembrane chemokines CXCL16 and CX3CL1 and their receptors are expressed in human meningiomas.
resistin contributes to the pro-inflammatory state of SMC by the up-regulation of CX3CL1 and CX3CR1 expression via a mechanism involving NF-kB, AP-1, and STAT1/3 transcription factors, (2) resistin employs TLR4 and Gi-protein signaling.
Title: Inflammatory effects of resistin on human smooth muscle cells: up-regulation of fractalkine and its receptor, CX3CR1 expression by TLR4 and Gi-protein pathways.
Serum CX3CL1 level could be a surrogate marker of polymyositis and dermatomyositis activity.
Title: Serum level of soluble CX3CL1/fractalkine is elevated in patients with polymyositis and dermatomyositis, which is correlated with disease activity.
Fractalkine was a significant predictor of all-cause mortality in patients with advanced heart failure. Fractalkine improves risk prediction beyond NT-proBNP and might therefore help to identify high risk patients who need special care.
Title: Fractalkine is an independent predictor of mortality in patients with advanced heart failure.
In the present coronary artery disease population, no differences in circulating levels of fractalkine or expression levels of CX3CR1 were observed between patients with and without T2DM, or with and without metabolic syndrome.
Title: Fractalkine and its receptor (CX3CR1) in patients with stable coronary artery disease and diabetes mellitus.
CX3CL1 expression in the conjunctiva is increased in immune cell trafficking during toxic ocular surface inflammation.
Title: CX3CL1 expression in the conjunctiva is involved in immune cell trafficking during toxic ocular surface inflammation.
Fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 activation leads to induction of CX3CL1 in a tumor setting.
Title: Fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 activation in mammary tumor cells promotes macrophage recruitment in a CX3CL1-dependent manner.
Chemokine fractalkine receptor (CX3CL1) binds directly to integrins alpha4beta1 and alphav4beta3 at a very high affinity.
Title: Integrins αvβ3 and α4β1 act as coreceptors for fractalkine, and the integrin-binding defective mutant of fractalkine is an antagonist of CX3CR1.
Fractalkine is a potential local inflammatory mediator which influences platelet activation in the setting of atherosclerosis. Review.
Title: Fractalkine--a local inflammatory marker aggravating platelet activation at the vulnerable plaque.
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, Monday through Friday; please contact us anytime for assistance.