Sequence in raw or FASTA format:
PDCD1LG2 programmed cell death 1 ligand 2 [Homo sapiens (human)]
|Entrez Gene ID
||programmed cell death 1 ligand 2
||B7DC, Btdc, CD273, PD-L2, PDCD1L2, PDL2, bA574F11.2
|General protein information
- Preferred Names
- programmed cell death 1 ligand 2
- programmed cell death 1 ligand 2
- PD-1 ligand 2
- PD-1-ligand 2
- PDCD1 ligand 2
- butyrophilin B7-DC
- programmed death ligand 2
- B7 dendritic cell molecule
||Homo sapiens (human)
Related articles in PubMed
- Intrahepatic expression of programmed death-1 and its ligands in patients with HBV-related acute-on-chronic liver failure. Cao D, et al. Inflammation, 2013 Feb. PMID 22895698.
- Immune suppression in premalignant respiratory papillomas: enriched functional CD4+Foxp3+ regulatory T cells and PD-1/PD-L1/L2 expression. Hatam LJ, et al. Clin Cancer Res, 2012 Apr 1. PMID 22322668.
- Human brain endothelial cells endeavor to immunoregulate CD8 T cells via PD-1 ligand expression in multiple sclerosis. Pittet CL, et al. J Neuroinflammation, 2011 Nov 8. PMID 22067141.
- Immunostaining of PD-1/PD-Ls in liver tissues of patients with hepatitis and hepatocellular carcinoma. Wang BJ, et al. World J Gastroenterol, 2011 Jul 28. PMID 21876620.
- Effects of genetic polymorphisms of programmed cell death 1 and its ligands on the development of ankylosing spondylitis. Huang CH, et al. Rheumatology (Oxford), 2011 Oct. PMID 21791547.
See all (43) citations in PubMed
See citations in PubMed for homologs of this gene provided by HomoloGene
GeneRIFs: Gene References Into Functions What's a GeneRIF?
expression of PD-1 and its ligands, PD-L1 and PD-L2, in liver biopsies from HBV-related acute-on-chronic liver failure (HBV-ACLF) and chronic hepatitis B (CHB) patients were analyzed; results showed all 3 molecules were observed in the HBV-ACLF samples and levels were significantly higher than in CHB
Title: Intrahepatic expression of programmed death-1 and its ligands in patients with HBV-related acute-on-chronic liver failure.
Data show that PD-1, PD-L1, PD-L2, CCL17, and CCL22 mRNA was identified in papillomas.
Title: Immune suppression in premalignant respiratory papillomas: enriched functional CD4+Foxp3+ regulatory T cells and PD-1/PD-L1/L2 expression.
Data suggest that brain endothelial cells contribute to control T cell transmigration into the CNS and immune responses via PD-L2 but not PD-L1 expression.
Title: Human brain endothelial cells endeavor to immunoregulate CD8 T cells via PD-1 ligand expression in multiple sclerosis.
increased expression of PD-L2, as a costimulatory molecule, may have an important modulatory function on the local immune responses of OLP in vivo.
Title: The high expression level of programmed death-1 ligand 2 in oral lichen planus and the possible costimulatory effect on human T cells.
Data suggest that PD-L1 may contribute to negative regulation of the immune response in chronic hepatitis B, and that PD-1 and PD-L1 and 2 may play a role in immune evasion of tumors.
Title: Immunostaining of PD-1/PD-Ls in liver tissues of patients with hepatitis and hepatocellular carcinoma.
Our results suggest that PD-1 G-536A, PD-L1 A8923C and PD-L2 C47103T polymorphisms are associated with the presence of ankylosing spondylitis.
Title: Effects of genetic polymorphisms of programmed cell death 1 and its ligands on the development of ankylosing spondylitis.
These observations indicate that PD-L2 is expressed following activation and is involved in the regulation of T cell function
Title: PD-L2 is expressed on activated human T cells and regulates their function.
REVIEW: role of PD-L1 and PD-L2 and ligands in allergic disease and asthma.
Title: Role of PD-L1 and PD-L2 in allergic diseases and asthma.
Findings demonstrate that the pretreatment of tumor cells with IFN-gamma enhances B7-DC expression through ERK and JNK pathways.
Title: Involvement of ERK and JNK pathways in IFN-γ-induced B7-DC expression on tumor cells.
Results suggest that over-expression of PD-1, PD-L1 and PD-L2 within liver may participate in local immune dysfunction, which could be one of the mechanisms involved in the chronicity of HBV infection and chronic inflammation seen in CHB patients.
Title: Intrahepatic levels of PD-1/PD-L correlate with liver inflammation in chronic hepatitis B.
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, Monday through Friday; please contact us anytime for assistance.