CloneEZ® PCR Cloning Kit
GenScript's proprietary CloneEZ® Seamless cloning technology is a cutting-edge, recombination-based cloning technology that can accurately and efficiently assemble genes and gene fragments in any combination of sequences. The CloneEZ® PCR Cloning Kit is designed for the quick cloning of PCR products without any headaches of restriction sites. The universal CloneEZ® cloning method works with any insert and any vector at any restriction site. Using our proprietary CloneEZ® enzyme, this kit rapidly generates precise, directional constructs in 30-min at a room temperature.
- Fast and Easy: 30-minute, one-step incubation at room temperature, seamless joints with no extra or unwanted base pairs
- High Efficiently: Success rate over 90%
- Universal: Clone any insert into any location, within any vector you choose
- Compatibility: The kit is highly compatible with high-throughput PCR cloning
- Product Resources
- Related products
CloneEZ® PCR Cloning Kit can be used for all types of cloning that involves the joining of DNA fragments and also has a variety of applications:
- PCR cloning of up to 10 kb
- High-throughput (HTP) PCR cloning
- Gene transfer from one vector to another
- In vitro joining of DNA fragments
|Components ||L00339 |
|CloneEZ® Seamless Enzyme (5 U/μl) ||50 μl |
|10X CloneEZ® Seamless Buffer ||100 μl |
|pUC57 Linearized （EcoRI/HindIII, 30 ng/μl） ||10 μl |
|1-kb Control Insert (100 ng/μl) ||10 μl |
A: CloneEZ® PCR Cloning Kit can cut down PCR Cloning procedure to 30 min from traditional 3.5 hrs, with one-step procedure instead of multiple steps.
B: Shown below is number and percentage of positive clones obtained with the CloneEZ® Kit.
| ||CloneEZ® Seamless Technology || |
|Directional || |
- Restriction digestion
- Gel extraction
|Restriction enzymes not required || |
|Ligase not required || |
|Reaction Time || |
|Reagents Included || |
- CloneEZ® enzyme (50 ul, 5 U/ul)
- 10X Buffer (100 ul)
- pUC57 Linear Vector (Kpnl/HindIII, 10 ul, 100 ng/ul)
- 1 kb contract insert ( 10 ul, 100 ng/ul)
|High-efficiency cloning with long fragments (15-20 bp recommend) ||4 kb ||2 kb ||1 kb || |
|93% ||95% ||100% |
| ||1 kb ||2 kb ||4 kb |
|Number of positive clones ||~1200 ||~800 ||221 |
|Recombinant rate (%) ||100% ||95% ||93% |
C: Shown below is PCR screening result of positive clones obtained with the CloneEZ® Kit.
| | Citations
- What are the differences between the CloneEZ® kit and the PCR Cloning Kit?
A: CloneEZ® Seamless cloning technology offers high efficiency, quick and direct cloning, bypassing all the tedious procedures of traditional cloning that often involve restriction, ligation, and sometimes phosphorylation. This technology works with any DNA sequence and any vector. The only requirement is that your PCR primers have to have a sequence containing 15 or more nucleotides homologous to vector sequence.
- The technical information in patent document is not available in the manual, why is that?
A: Currently, the patent on CloneEZ® method is invalid, so we can't provide more details about the patent technical information to the general public, and we will not show more detailed explanation in the manual until the patent is valid.
| Transformation |
| Primer Design |
- What factors need to be considered when designing the primer?
A: Two sets of primers are used to amplify the gene of interest:
1) 15-bp homology regions to the vector, flanking the cloning site into the insert.
2) Specific gene sequence. The start of the 15 bp homology must begin from the 5' most extension to include the overhang, if the sequence has 5' overhang; if the sequence has a 3' overhang, homology should begin where the DNA becomes double-stranded.
Please refer to the manual for illustration of primer design. low as 20%-30%, and it will lead to a direct repeat deletion.
- To be compatible for CloneEZ® cloning method, what should the purity of my primer?
A: Desalted oligos (from a qualified supplier) are very suitable for cloning with CloneEZ® PCR cloning Kit.
- Can multiple fragments be cloned into a single vector using this kit?
A: Yes, CloneEZ® PCR Cloning Kit can be used for multiple fragments recombination, if there are no many repeated sequences among multiple fragments. But we still recommend to recombinate one by one after several performances of recombining 2 and 3 fragments, the efficient is low as 20%-30%, and it will lead to a direct repeat deletion.
- Can I use CloneEZ® PCR Cloning Kit with my own vectors?
A:Yes. GenScript's CloneEZ® PCR Cloning Kit has been tested with any commercial or non-commercial vectors several times, and you will have no problem with it.
- What factors need to be considered when using CloneEZ® PCR Cloning Kit with customers' vector?
A: We recommend linearizating your vectors before using CloneEZ® PCR Cloning Kit. Once linearized, the columned and gel-purified vector is ready for CloneEZ reaction.
- Will the CloneEZ® Cloning reaction work more efficiently if I use primers that contain a longer than 15 base region of homology?
A: 15-20 bp of homology is recommended.
- How is the stability of the enzyme included in CloneEZ® PCR Cloning Kit?
A: The liquid enzyme should be stored at -20°C for at least 12 months without activity loss.