- For a limited time: Get 20% off 100 μg and 1 mg transfection grade prep quantities. Discount will be auto applied at checkout. Find out more here.
Plasmid DNA Preparation Services
GenScript plasmid DNA preparation services are amenable to small research labs as well as large-scale manufacturing biotech and pharmaceutical companies. Our high-quality plasmids will help you achieve highly efficient cell transfection, as well as support DNA vaccine development, antibody production, and other preclinical research projects.
Our plasmid DNA preparation platform has recently been upgraded to provide high-quality plasmid preparation at competitive prices. Choose from our Research Grade and Transfection Grade packages to obtain the purified plasmid that best fits your research needs. Purification for both high-copy and low-copy plasmids, as well as animal-free processing, is available.
New! High-Throughput (HT) Plasmid Prep service: Now available through GenScript, our HT Plasmid Prep service will allow you to further customize your research needs through GenScript. Available in 10 ug and 30 ug quantities with no minimum order number, this new service will allow you to order more preps at a lower price! Find out more here.
Plasmid Prep Service Advantages
- Economical: 100 µg miniprep starting from just $50
- Flexible: Extensive quantity options
- Quality Assured: Minimum of 7 stringent QC parameters analyzed for each step
- Fast turnaround time: Delivery from 5 days, only an additional 2 days with any gene synthesis order
- One-stop downstream solutions: combine with gene synthesis, custom cloning, or mutagenesis
- Service Specifications
- Quality Control
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Customer Testimonial
| ||Research Grade ||Transfection Grade |
|Animal-free cultivation media ||Included ||Included |
|Advanced animal-free prep1 ||Optional ||Optional |
|Supercoiling ||Predominantly supercoiled ||≥ 90% supercoiled2 |
|Endotoxin levelWhat's this? ||- ||≤ 0.01 EU/µg3 |
|Bioburden assay analysis ||Optional ||Included |
|Sterile filtering ||Optional ||Optional |
|Deliverables ||µg to g amounts of plasmid according to your specifications |
|Turnaround time ||5 business days for < 2 mg ||5 business days for < 500 μg |
|QC Items ||Appearance ||√ ||√ |
|A260/280 ||√ ||√ |
|Supercoiled content ||√ ||√ |
|Residual RNA ||√ ||√ |
|Genomic DNA ||√ ||√ |
|Concentrations ||√ ||√ |
|Restriction Analysis ||√ ||√ |
|Endotoxin Assay (LAL test) ||- ||√ |
|Bio-burden Assay ||Optional ||√ |
1 Both Research and Transfection Grade preps are prepared using cultivation media without any animal-derived components. For clinical applications and animal studies, the advanced animal-free prep can be included for additional control over potential safety risks. See our FAQ for more details.
2 Our standard supercoiled content is measured analytically by densitometry, of which the data obtained is for information only.
3 We can provide more stringent QC if desired. Please indicate your prep requirements on the quote form or contact us for more information.
GenScript's plasmid DNA preparation services offer the most aggressive quality control standards on the market, and services can be customized to your quality and quantity needs. Preps are offered at up to ≥ 90% supercoil and ≤ 0.01 EU/µg endotoxin levels.
|QC items ||Specification ||Analytical Method |
Clear, no visible particles
Nanodrop UV absorption
On request, default 1 mg/ml
For information only
Densitometry upon agarose gel electrophoresis
Visual inspection upon electrophoresis
Visual inspection upon electrophoresis
Conforms to reference
Enzyme digestion and electrophoresis
Based on grade
No growth on agar plate after 48 hours
* Sterile filtering and animal-free processing is available at an additional charge; click here to request a quote.
For more information about our QC measures, click here.
Delivery specifications and ordering information
When requesting a quote for the plasmid DNA preparation services, please specify:
- Quantity of plasmid DNA: starting from 100 µg
- Storage condition: water, TE buffer or dry
- Quality grade: Research Grade or Transfection Grade
Quotations and Ordering
- For quotation requests and questions about plasmid DNA preparation, you may contact us by phone, email, fax, or our secured online quotation system.
- Orders can be placed by phone, email, fax, or online with a formal PO (Purchase Order) or credit card.
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours Monday through Friday. You may contact us anytime for assistance.