Plasmid DNA Preparation Service
GenScript plasmid DNA preparation services are accommodating to small research labs as well as large-scale manufacturing biotech and pharmaceutical companies. Choose from our high-quality Research Grade and Transfection Grade packages to help you achieve highly efficient cell transfection, as well as to support DNA vaccine development, antibody production, and other preclinical research projects. Specific yields for our plasmid DNA preparation services are offered anywhere from micrograms to milligrams in scale. We also provide customized large-scale plasmid DNA preparations, ranging from the milligram to gram range.
Plasmid Prep Service Advantages
- Economical: 100 µg miniprep starting from just $50
- Flexible: Microgram to gram production
- Extremely low levels of endotoxin: ≤0.01 EU/µg
- Quality Assured: Minimum of 7 stringent QC parameters analyzed for each step
- Fast turnaround time: Only an additional 3 days with any gene synthesis order
- More delivery options: Liquid with or without cool packs; or frozen on dry ice
- One-stop downstream solutions: combine with gene synthesis, custom cloning, or mutagenesis
|Service||New! Express Plasmid Prep Cat No.SC1844||Standard Plasmid Prep Cat No.SC1098||New! CloneArk Plasmid Prep
|New! Customized Plasmid Prep
|New! HT Plasmid Prep Cat No.SC1822|
|10 µg and
|Starting Turnaround Time||Starting at 3 days||Starting at 5 days||Starting at 9 days||Starting at
|Determined by number of preps|
|Research Grade||Transfection Grade||HT Plasmid Prep|
|Animal-free cultivation media||Included||Included||Included|
|Advanced animal-free prep1||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|Supercoiling||Predominantly supercoiled||≥ 90% supercoiled2||≥ 90% supercoiled2|
|Endotoxin levelWhat's this?||-||≤ 0.01 EU/µg3||Endotoxin-level free (≤ 0.1 EU/µg)|
|Bioburden assay analysis||Optional||Included||Optional|
|Deliverables||µg to g amounts of plasmid according to your specifications||10 µg or 30 µg|
|Turnaround time||Starting at 3 business days*|
|Endotoxin Assay (LAL test)||-||✔||-|
* For Express + HT Plasmid Prep orders
1 Both Research and Transfection Grade preps are prepared using cultivation media without any animal-derived components. For clinical applications and animal studies, the advanced animal-free prep can be included for additional control over potential safety risks. See our FAQ for more details.
2 Our standard supercoiled content is measured analytically by densitometry, of which the data obtained is for information only.
3 We can provide more stringent QC if desired. Please indicate your prep requirements on the quote form or contact us for more information.
GenScript's plasmid DNA preparation services offer the most aggressive quality control standards on the market, and services can be customized to your quality and quantity needs. Preps are offered at up to ≥ 90% supercoil and ≤ 0.01 EU/µg endotoxin levels.
Common applications for plasmid DNA preparation
Plasmid DNA prep is a useful tool for many downstream applications
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is "animal-free cultivation media"? What is the advanced animal-free prep process and when would I need it?
A: For our research and transfection grade plasmid prep services, we are using cultivation media without any animal-derived components, making the media "animal-free."
Unlike traditional plasmid prep that uses bovine pancreatic RNase, our animal-free prep process uses a recombinant RNase which is guaranteed bovine-free. The advanced animal-free prep process is critical for clinical applications and animal studies to avoid safety risks.
Q: Why measure the supercoiled percent?
A: Multiple studies have shown that highly supercoiled plasmids have many applications for both in vivo and in vitro work. For example, supercoiling can strongly influence transfection efficiency, and can have several sides effects for DNA therapy. In addition, the supercoil percent has been determined as a predictor of plasmid performance and is recognized by many regulatory groups.
Q: How do endotoxins affect my research goals?
A: Endotoxins can have many adverse downstream effects on your research projects, ranging from decreased transformation efficiencies to adverse side-effects in animal studies. To learn more about endotoxins and other QC details, click here.
"We used GenScript's plasmid preparation service to prepare large quantities of plasmids that contain our Southern blot probe fragments. This saved our lab considerable time and expense. From the initial order to service delivery, GenScript provided our lab with timely follow-ups and valuable advice. We now have an adequate supply of these probes with no need to grow bacterial cultures every time a new probe is required. Thank you, GenScript!"
― Dr. Melissa A. Melan, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, USA
- Glenn K, Smith KS. Allosteric Regulation of Lactobacillus plantarum Xylulose 5-Phosphate/Fructose 6-Phosphate Phosphoketolase (Xfp). J Bacteriol. 2015 Apr;197(7);1157-63
- Petrillo C, Cesana D, Piras F, et al. Cyclosporin a and rapamycin relieve distinct lentiviral restriction blocks in hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells. Mol Ther. 2015 Feb;23(2);352-62
- Simons C, Rash LD, Crawford J, et al. Mutations in the voltage-gated potassium channel gene KCNH1 cause Temple-Baraitser syndrome and epilepsy. Nat Genet. 2014 Dec;47(1);73-7
When requesting a quote for the plasmid DNA preparation services, please specify:
- Quantity of plasmid DNA: Starting anywhere from 10 µg to 10 mg (high-copy)
- Storage condition: water, TE buffer or dry
- Quality grade: Research Grade or Transfection Grade
Quotations and Ordering
- For quotation requests and questions about plasmid DNA preparation, you may contact us by phone, email, fax, or our secured online quotation system.
- Orders can be placed by phone, email, fax, or online with a formal PO (Purchase Order) or credit card.
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours Monday through Friday. You may contact us anytime for assistance.