GenScript provides high-quality peptides with a 95% peptide synthesis success rate, well above the industry standard of 75%. We are committed to Total Quality Management (TQM) to ensure our customers' complete satisfaction. TQM includes MS and HPLC analyses performed after the completion of synthesis, purification, and QC (quality control) steps. These analyses are followed by independent QA (quality assurance) procedures, which double guarantees the highest quality possible for every delivered peptide.
Peptide Synthesis Capacity and Capability
Our custom peptides are synthesized in a 20,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility with peptide synthesizers, HPLCs, and mass spectrometers capable of producing over 6000 peptides per month. Other features of our capacity and capability include:
- Capacity: 10,000 peptides / month.
- Flexible quantities: From mg to kg.
- Flexible purities: Crude, desalt, and from 70% to 98% purity.
- Synthesis technologies: Combination of solid phase and liquid phase synthesis, and microwave and ligation technologies via
our Flexpeptide™ technology platform.
- Modifications: Include phosphorylation, methylation, acetylation, amidation, stable isotope labeling, and many more. View our modifications webpage.
- Quality control: MS and HPLC analyses after each synthesis step, plus additional QA procedures for every peptide. View our
TQM quality platform.
New! Get peptides faster with the new Express Peptide Synthesis Service
Recent advances in peptide synthesis technology have allowed us to expand our custom peptide synthesis services even further! Now, with GenScript's new Express Peptide Synthesis Service, you can receive high quality peptides from just 5 days! Choose between two service options based on your peptide needs: Rush Peptide Synthesis for quick delivery of crude peptides, and Fast Peptide Synthesis for purified peptides. To get an instant quote, use our secured online quote request system or email us at email@example.com.
|Custom Peptide Synthesis (Cat no. SC1208)||Rush Peptide Synthesis (Cat no. SC1845) New!||Fast Peptide Synthesis (Cat no. SC1848) New!|
|Sequence Length||Up to 200 AA||5-10 AA||5-20 AA|
|Purity||All purities||Crude||>70% to >95%|
|Quantity||Mg to kg||<20 mg||<20 mg|
|Modifications||Comprehensive||Amidation (C-terminal)||Amidation (C-terminal)|
|Acetylation (N-terminal)||Acetylation (N-terminal)|
|Starting Turnaround Time||2-3 weeks*||5 days**||9 days**|
|Free solubility testing||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|TFA Removal Service||Guaranteed or Standard||Standard||Standard|
*Difficult sequences, or peptides with modifications, may require additional synthesis time. In these cases, turnaround time estimates will be provided during the quotation process.
**Includes time for synthesis and shipping from the US. In the event production time exceeds 2 days for Rush Service or 6 days for Fast Service, a refund will be provided. Turnaround times are only applicable to standard peptide sequences within the parameters described. Solubility testing and TFA removal will require additional time.
Peptide Synthesis Technology
GenScript's peptide synthesis technology, FlexPeptide™, increases chemical coupling efficiency and shortens coupling time, which allows us to offer economical peptides. The FlexPeptide™ technology platform combines the following technologies:
- Liquid Phase Peptide Synthesis (LPPS) for shorter peptides, or Large-Scale Solid Phase Peptide Synthesis (SPPS) suited for longer, more complex sequences.
- Microwave technologies that increase reaction rate and improve peptide yield.
- Proprietary ligation technology that allows for the joining of peptides of up to 200 amino acids.
Pricing Information for Peptides
Peptides are competitively priced, starting at $3.20/AA. Modifications, purified peptides, or difficult peptides may incur additional costs. Discounts are available for large-scale peptide synthesis orders.
An additional fee applies to Express Peptide Synthesis Services.
- Not sure about what peptide purity to use? Check our recommended peptide purity chart.
- Need chemical modifications for your peptide? View our comprehensive peptide modifications webpage.
- Concerned about peptide solubility? We can provide a personalized peptide solubility test for you for a nominal fee. View our peptide solubility test report for more details.
Every step of peptide synthesis is subject to GenScript's stringent quality control. Typical delivery specifications include:
- Lyophilized peptide of the required sequence, purity, and quantity aliquoted into # of vials specified by customer.
- QC reports including MS spectra, HPLC chromatograms, and COA documents.
- Typical turnaround time of 2-3 weeks.
How to download your reports
For all QC, COA and solubility test reports, you can view your documents by visiting your My Account page:
TFA Removal Service
TFA is often used in the final cleavage of custom peptides from the solid support after solid phase synthesis. Hence, TFA may be left behind in the final peptide preparation, even after purification. Trace amounts of TFA can cause cytotoxicity in cell culture assays.
More about TFA Removal for Peptides
Hydrophobic peptides are often insoluble or have a propensity to aggregate. Using improper conditions for dissolution of these peptides can result in the loss of peptides.
More about Solubility Testing for Peptides
Peptide Content Analysis
Custom peptides are delivered as a gross peptide preparation consisting of a mixture of the target peptide, peptidic impurities, counter ions, and water. A peptide content analysis determines the precise amount of target peptide in the gross peptide preparation. Exact quantification of your peptide can increase experimental accuracy and consistency between different batches of peptide.
More about Peptide Content Analysis
Complimentary ArgonShield™ packaging
Peptides containing Cys, Trp, or Met are susceptible to oxidation, while peptides with multiple charged residues (e.g. Asp, Glu, Lys, Arg or His) are at risk for deliquescence. To protect the activity of your custom peptides, all synthesized peptides are sealed in argon gas-filled vials to prevent oxidization and deliquescence, at no cost to you.
Complimentary aliquoting service
Repeated freeze-thaw cycles can damage your custom peptides. GenScript provides aliquoting services (free for the first 5 vials) for all customer peptide orders.
| || |
Since 2004, GenScript's Peptide Synthesis Services have helped thousands of scientists publish their research in peer-reviewed journals like Science, Nature, Cell, and PNAS.
"I have been using the peptides from your company since 2004. The high quality standard and competitive price of your company will keep us hooked, hopefully for the years to come."
— Dr. Miguel Morales, Universidad de Barcelona, Spain
"Although I order infrequently I do appreciate the customer service, approx 2-week turnaround time, and rapid delivery to my location. Price is average or slightly lower than average. I have had opportunities to order from other companies at discounts but do not due to concerns about quality. I can depend on GenScript quality."
— Dr. Steven Applequist, Karolinska University Hospital, SwedenMore publications
Quotations and Ordering
- For quotations, please use our Secure Instant Online Quotation/Order system. However, you may also contact us by email, phone (1-732-885-9188), fax (1-732-210-0262), or via our Secure Messaging System.
- Please use our online ordering system and either a PO (Purchase Order) or credit card to receive GenScript's fastest service. For batch order, please download and complete Peptide Batch Order Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We accept POs and major credit cards (). A 7% New Jersey sales tax will be applied to orders shipped to New Jersey. Your credit card will be billed under "GenScript" Click here to download our credit reference form. For international orders, we must apply the full charge at the time the order is placed. In the unlikely event that any given order cannot be filled, our guarantee will take the form of a full refund.
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours, Monday through Friday to assist you.