GenScript would like to support your research into the SARS-CoV-2 in order to help protect public health.
The 2019 Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) was first detected in Wuhan, China in December 2019. Since the first cases were reported, the outbreak has rapidly spread through China and now several other countries worldwide. As of January 29, 2020, there are 6,161 confirmed cases, 132 deaths in 19 countries, including the United States, France, and Japan.
The SARS-CoV-2 has been reported as difficult to detect during the first two weeks after initial infection. Infected individuals may not be aware of their contagiousness, thus putting others at risk of contracting the virus. There are cases reported that people can be infectious without showing symptoms. A fast and reliable detection method can help researchers better understand the biology of the disease and potentially guide future diagnostics and treatment.
SARS-CoV-2 qRT-PCR Primers & Probes
GenScript can provide the synthesis service for qRT-PCR primers and probes of the sequences recommended by WHO and CDC. Below is the primers and probes sequence information for your reference. You can choose any of them and contact our technical support managers to get the quotation.
|Gene Name||Oligo Name||oligo Sequence(5'-3')||Length (nt)||5'mod||3'mod|
|N gene||N gene-F||GGGGAACTTCTCCTGCTAGAAT||22|
* GenScript also can offer any other customized primers and probes for COVID-19 research, please contact our technical support managers for more information.
Order information for the above primers and probes:
|5 nmol||$44||$176||Get a Quote|
Customized primers/probes can also be offered, two different standards to fulfill your request:
- Research use only
- Clinical used (ISO13485 certified synthesis)
Please email your requests to [email protected] for more customized primers and probes price and TAT. Our technical account managers will contact you in 24 hours.
SARS-CoV-2 qRT-PCR Detection Assay
To help expedite SARS-CoV-2 research, GenScript’s R&D team developed a 1 step qRT PCR detection assay based on GenBank Sequence NC_045512.2. This assay has successfully detected SARS-CoV-2 in positive control samples ORF1ab gene, RdRP gene, N gene and E gene. Additional testing is ongoing and this assay should be considered for research use only (RUO).
- TaqMan™ qRT-PCR assay using primers and FAM probes for higher specificity
- Targets ORF1ab gene RdRP gene, N gene and E gene in SARS-CoV-2 genome (GenBank sequences NC_045512.2)
- The assay shows positive reactivity to all four targeted genes
- Highly sensitive and ultra low noise
- Full reagent set with primers, probes, reagents and positive control plasmids
- This assay is for Research Use Only (RUO) and has not been tested on clinical samples. We make no claims on the performance of this assay.
- This assay’s design is impacted by the accuracy of the publically SARS-CoV-2 genome sequence.
- This assay’s performance is impacted by a range of uncontrolled and un-tested factors such as sample quality, various sample extraction methods, and data analysis variation.
- This assay may have cross-reactivity with other coronavirus family members such as causative agents of the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) or Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).
- Stability tests and data are not available at this moment due to the emergency and time limits. We can not guarantee the accuracy of the shelf life, storage conditions, efficiency, etc. We will update the information once we have more data.
GenScript SARS-CoV-2 detection assay product information
1-step, 1-plex assay
|SARS-CoV-2 qPCR detection 1-plex assay-ORF1ab||100 reactions||$259||Get a Quote|
|SARS-CoV-2 qPCR detection 1-plex assay-N||100 reactions||$259|
|SARS-CoV-2 qPCR detection 1-plex assay-RdRP||100 reactions||$259|
|SARS-CoV-2 qPCR detection 1-plex assay-E||100 reactions||$259|
1-step, 2-plex assay
|SARS-CoV-2 qPCR detection 2-plex assay-N&O||100 reactions||$450||Get a Quote|
|SARS-CoV-2 qPCR detection 2-plex assay-R&E||100 reactions||$450|
Download Technical Note!
What you need to know about SARS-CoV-2 qRT-PCR detection assay
GenScript Press Release about COVID-19
- Forbes article on Synthetic Bio Companies Racing to Fight Coronavirus here
- Reuters article: Countries rush to build diagnostic capacity as coronavirus spreads
- Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News: Detecting Coronavirus Cases as Outbreak Grows here
- GenScript is mentioned in a Coronavirus story mostly about Novacyt that was written by Reuters, but picked up by The New York Times here today
- Medical Device & Diagnostics Online article here
- LabPulse article here
- GenomeWeb article here
- Biospace Blog: China Coronavirus Update: Continued Spread, Run on Antivirals and Facemasks, Baby Diagnosed
To place order or need technical support for coronavirus detection assay, please contact:
Plasmids Used for SARS-CoV-2 Detection and Research are In Stock Now!
The plasmids containing parts of SARS-CoV-2 RdRP gene, N gene, E gene that can be used as positive controls for SARS-CoV-2 detection are in stock now. A group of plasmids carrying the encoding sequences of surface glycoprotein and nucleocapsid phosphoprotein are also available. The quick online order channel has been launched on MolecularCloud.
- Full genome sequence data sharing official GISAID platform
- WHO Diagnostic detection of Wuhan coronavirus 2019 by qRTPCR
- WHO Laboratory testing for 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in suspected human cases
- Surveillance case definitions for human infection with novel coronavirus (nCoV)
- Wikipedia 2019–20 Wuhan coronavirus outbreak summary (updated daily)
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus, Wuhan, China by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)