|Position||Director, Business Development||Release Time||2019.05.31|
|Description||Report to: President of European Division
The Director of Business Development will lead and manage the business development function of GenScript BDBU (Biologics Development Business Unit), contributing to the growth and profitability of biologics business in Europe. The position will be responsible for identification and assessment of strategic business opportunities, and lead all activities related to evaluating and negotiating BD transactions.
1. Develop and execute effective business development strategy and plans.
2. Conduct and coordinate opportunity assessment, financial justification, due diligence, transaction design, contract negotiation, and completion of the deals, including but not limited to strategic partnership, out-licensing, co-development.
3. Coordinate the collaboration with commercial teams from the other business units within the group.
4. Build and maintain the profession network with external companies and KOLs in biopharma industry.
5. Build and develop a high performing team by attracting, selecting, developing and retaining talented individuals.
6. Design and optimize the business development organization structure and work flow.
1. MS degree in life sciences discipline, PhD degree is preferred, MBA or advanced degree as a plus.
2. Excellent language skill in English.
3. 5-8 years of experience of leading business development function in pharmaceutical industry with strong track record of closing BD deals, international experience as a plus.
4. Thorough understanding of biopharmaceutical industry and sensitive to new technology.
5. Strong sales skills sets including but not limited to analytical, financial, communication, and negotiation.
6. Exceptional awareness of the biopharmaceutical ecosystem and deal-making landscape.
7. Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a large team.
8. Ability to work in the international and multicultural environment.
9. Ability of work in a fast paced and challenging environment with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
10. Experience in sales force strategy and business development.