|Position||Business Development Expert (Associate Director/Director/Sr. Director)||Release Time||2019.09.10|
|Description||Founded in 2002, GenScript is committed to making humans and environment healthier through innovation. With its over 2,600 employees globally and R&D centers in the U.S., China and Europe, GenScript has become a global leader in providing gene synthesis services, biologics development services, synthetic biology products as well as a world class leader in cell therapy to help patients conquer serious diseases.
The Business Development and Corporate Strategy Group supports developing and executing GenScript’s business strategy and expanding our growth/opportunities including licenses, partnerships, and other collaborations. We are looking for talents who want to make an impact working across many large functions. In this role, you will lead business development efforts primarily for our Gene and Cell therapy related business. Reporting to the VP, Business Development and Corporate Strategy, you will play a key role in sourcing, evaluating, structuring and negotiating deals for the company.
About the role:
• Work closely with stakeholders within R&D, business units, finance, legal and strategy groups to understand and support key strategic imperatives and business unit/corporate goals
• Lead the identification, evaluation and development of acquisition, license, and partnership opportunities from all aspects including scientific assessment, market analysis, competitive landscape, IP diligence, financial analysis on commercial potential etc.
• Structure, negotiate and close significant and complex deals in line with company’s business and corporate development objectives
• Provide concise and accurate updates and documentations to VP and senior leadership for deal review and decision-making
• Contribute to business strategy through analysis of evolving market, R&D/competitive landscape, business units’ needs and objectives as well as ensuring alignment with GenScript’s overall corporate strategy and objectives
• Deliver accurate and timely updates, and provide customized support to VP and senior leadership for regular review and decision making
• Represent GenScript at partnering events and conferences to increase awareness of our company and our priorities for partnering activities
• Foster internal communication and collaboration to ensure successful partnerships
|Requirements||• 5+ years of relevant experience in biotech/pharma is required; 3+ years in a business development leadership role is required; Broad experience of BD in the R&D and commercial context
• International deal negotiation and management experience is a big plus
• Master degree in science or engineering is required. A background and a doctoral degree in life science, engineering or medicine, and or MBA are strongly preferred
• Experience in the cell and gene therapy space is a plus
• Must have a demonstrated track record of transaction experience including joint ventures, licensing, co-promotions, strategic alliances or other types of corporate collaborations
• Must have strong business and financial acumen with the ability to evaluate deal alternatives
• Strong leadership qualities including strategic thinking, innovation, mentoring, scaling, collaborations, etc.
• Experience in leading cross-functional teams to build strong working relationships with colleagues and to ensure efficient and effective achievement of key deliverables
• Robust understanding of drug development, and global regulatory processes, lifecycle management, and/or CRO/CDMO service businesses
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills to effectively convey key recommendations
• Energetic, highly team-oriented, and self-motivated individual with strong analytical skills and a solid understanding of business strategy
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment combining strategic and tactical capabilities