|Position||Mechanical Design Engineer||Release Time||2019.12.06|
Hands-on mechanical engineer responsible for component and system level (mechanical, fluidic) designs of DNA synthesis instruments and accessories. Demonstrated experience taking development designs through bread board, prototype and production release. Provide mechanical engineering support as a member of engineering development teams with responsibilities for concept design, documentation, procedures, creating tests and methods, component/system assembly, and component/system testing. Assist the team in meeting its goals and in supporting development in other areas. Work closely with CNC machine shops to fabricate designs.
Key Responsibilities: include, but are not limited, to the following as other duties may be assigned
1) Systems design incorporating fluidic components (reaction chambers, valves, manifolds, pumps) and electronic components (PCB). Designs and develops mechanical/fluidic components, subsystems, systems, test plans, etc., to support DNA synthesizer instrument development and associated activities
2) Component design of fluidic devices (manifolds, reaction chambers) and DNA microarray packages.
3) Development of assembly processes, including assembly fixtures, selection of materials, and process documentation.
4) Coordinating transfer of new designs from development to production
5) Interface with other team members in engineering, software, R&D and applications.
6) Coordinate fabrication of designs with CNC prototyping facilities
7) Communicates designs through standard engineering documents, technical drawings and CAD data.
|Requirements||1) Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field
2) Proficiency with CAD software required. Experience with Solidworks preferred.
3) Minimum 5 years of mechanical design experience in product development environment.
4) Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5) Designing products and equipment in the Life Science, biotechnology or medical device industries beneficial.
6) Familiarity with fluidic handling instrumentation desirable.
7) Familiarity with fluidic handling instrumentation desirable.