|Position||Sr. Scientist, Oligonucleotide Synthesis||Release Time||2019.09.19|
|Description||We are seeking an experienced Scientist with a multi-disciplinary background, specifically in the areas of oligonucleotide synthesis, surface functionalization, organic/bioorganic synthesis, and molecular biology. Qualified candidates may also have knowledge and experience with semiconductor CMOS processes, biosensors,electrochemistry and instrumentation for oligonucleotide synthesis. This position will involve research and collaboration with scientists and engineers developing CustomArray’s core technology which employs advanced CMOS semiconductor chips to electrochemically synthesize thousands of oligonucleotides simultaneously.
Key Responsibilities: include, but are not limited, to the following as other duties may be assigned
• Develop surface functionalizations for metal and non-metal CMOS surfaces for solid phase oligonucleotide synthesis.
• Select and employ analytical techniques for surface characterization.
• Explore methods toward enhancing surface stability and functional loading.
• Develop characterization methodologies to analyze electrochemically synthesized oligonucleotide pools
• Contribute knowledge and expertise in the field of nucleic acid chemistry, specifically phosphoramidite based oligonucleotide synthesis.
• Contribute to the development and optimization of electrochemical detritylation techniques.
• Contribute to the optimization of all aspects of CustomArray’s array based oligonucleotide synthesis platform
• Support CustomArray’s production and QC groups as needed to enhance characterization or monitoring of key process steps. [not sure how to best word this – want to include something about providing support to production/QC and possibly applications efforts]
• Ph.D. in Chemistry, Materials, Surface science, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, or related biomedical field.
• Industrial track record of success highly desired (products and/or publications).
• Proven background with surface modifications and nucleic acid chemistry.
• Experience with molecular biology techniques including PCR, qPCR, array-based hybridization assays, and NGS.
• Experience with oligonucleotide library synthesis desired.
• Demonstrated initiative and pursuit of successful collaborative research projects with interdisciplinary team.
• Experience developing products and tools in the Life Science, biotechnology or medical device industries beneficial.
• Familiarity with fluidic handling instrumentation a plus.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.