WHO reported in Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) Situation Report – 43 that 10,566 people were confirmed with COVID-19 disease which covered 72 countries, caused 166 deaths outside of China until 10AM CET 03 March 2020*. It has been set as the high level risk assessment by WHO globally. Simple and accurate diagnosis methods can quickly control the spread of COVID-19 and give therapy to patients timely. Meanwhile, the vaccines and antibodies development is urgent needs too.
Please check the comprehensive services and products which would be useful for your research. Most of them are in-stock and can be shipped immediately once ordered!
Services and Products
SARS-CoV-2 qRT-PCR Detection Assay
- The qRT PCR detection assay is based on GenBank Sequence NC_045512.2. This assay has successfully detected SARS-CoV-2 in positive control samples ORF1ab, RdRP, N and E genes.
- Customized detection primers and probes for all 4 genes.
SARS-CoV-2 Spike S1-RBD IgG&IgM ELISA Detection Kit
SARS-CoV-2 Spike S1-RBD IgG&IgM ELISA Detection Kit is an indirect ELISA detection tool which can be used for evaluation of IgG or IgM against SARS-CoV-2 Spike S1-RBD in samples. Please download the product manual for more details and contact our technical support for purchasing.
Plasmids for SARS-CoV-2 Detection and Research In-stock
- Positive control plasmids of qPCR detection assay
- Genes encoding the surface glycoprotein nucleocapsid phosphoprotein
- Homo sapiens angiotensin I converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) gene for vaccine and antibody development
Watch the video to know more about COVID-19 services and products
How to detect the SARS-CoV-2 virus?
Principle of novel coronavirus detection
The virus detection method can be basically illustrated as below.
Isolate the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) from the patients and sequence its genome.
On 17 January 2020, WHO provided interim guidance to laboratories and stakeholders involved in laboratory testing of patients who meet suspected case of pneumonia associated with the 2019 novel coronavirus.
- Diagnostic detection of Wuhan coronavirus 2019 by real-time RT-PCR – Charité, Berlin Germany (pdf)
- Detection of 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in suspected human cases by RT-PCR – Hong Kong University (pdf)
- China CDC Primers and probes for detection 2019-nCoV
- 2019nCoV Antibody ELISA detection kit_L00831_Manual (pdf)
- SARS-CoV-2 qRT-PCR detection assay-1 step-1 plex Manual (pdf)
- GenScript COVID-19 detection tech notes (pdf)