New! Buy more, save more with our new high-throughput DNA fragment service, starting at $49/fragment!
GenParts® DNA Fragments
GenParts® are linearized, double-stranded and non-clonal gene blocks that can be used directly or cloned into any vector of choice for diverse applications, such as gene assembly or modification, CRISPR-mediated gene editing, and antibody, protein and pathway engineering. GenParts® DNA blocks allow you to generate any natural, modified or de novo sequence without a template and eliminate the need for primer design or PCR optimization. Due to their faster synthesis and affordability, GenParts® can be a great alternative to standard synthetic genes for high-throughput applications.
|Standard Service* (SC1930)||High-throughput Service (SC1930-H) New!|
|Sequence Length (bp)||Yield (ng)||Min. No. of Clones for Screening *||Pricing*||TAT
|Min. No. of Fragments per Order|
*TAT is calculated using business days.
*Orders placed before 12:00PM EST (on business days) will be considered ordered on the same day.
*Domestic orders placed within the US are delivered by overnight shipping.
*For international order shipping inquiries, please contact us directly.
*The indicated “Minimum Number of Clones for Screening” is to have >90% chance of obtaining your desired clone for a DNA fragment with a standard (i.e. not identified as complex by our quotation system) sequence.
Advantages of GenParts® DNA Fragments
- ✔ Guaranteed delivery in as few as 2 days to meet tight deadlines *
- ✔ Guaranteed low error rate for higher experimental reliability *
- ✔ Adaptor-free to ensure direct application in any desired experiment
- ✔ Precise quantity to avoid experimental variability and dealing with dilutions
- ✔ Wide size-range in high quantity enabling diverse applications minimizing amplification
- ✔ High-throughput platform provides a cost-effective option for large number of fragments
*If we can't get it right, we will either repeat the synthesis of the failed fragment free of charge or refund your money. For more details about our service guarantee, check out our Quality Assurance section below.
Learn More About DNA Fragments
To receive a quote or place an order, simply enter your desired sequence in our secure GenParts® DNA Fragments Design & Quotation System. This smart tool can also optimize codons in your sequence(s) based on your desired host expression organism and screen your sequence(s) for complexity. Alternatively, you can discuss your request by phone, fax or email.
Every DNA fragment synthesized by GenScript follows our ISO9001-certified production and quality assurance process:
- Customer-designed sequences are submitted to our GenParts® DNA Fragments Design & Quotation System .
- Sequences are reviewed by advanced screening algorithms to flag and alert customers of any potential complexities or irregularities within their sequence.
- After automated screening, our Ph.D.-level technical support scientists personally review each sequence to:
- Determine the synthesis feasibility of complex or irregular sequences;
- Screen each DNA fragment for the potential presence of any regulated pathogen sequence in accordance with the International Gene Synthesis Consortium (IGSC) standards;
- Ensure codons are optimized using our patented OptimumGene™ algorithm upon customer’s request. Learn More
GenScript sequence optimization can increase protein expression by up to 100x when compared to native sequences and by up to 50x when compared to design tools based solely on codon usage tables.
This procedure helps us establish a high standard for quality performance where for a majority of synthesized DNA Fragments, over 90% of screened clones will contain the sequence of interest.
Knowing how valuable your research time is, we have streamlined our production and shipping processes to ensure:
- on-time delivery of your GenParts® DNA fragment order
- high fidelity of your standard, non-complex GenParts® sequences
This means that if your order is delayed† or incorrect† †, we will either repeat the synthesis of the failed fragment free of charge or refund your money.
† Delayed delivery guarantee is excluded from unforeseen circumstances, such as natural disasters, government action, unexpected social events or loss of package by courier.
† † GenScript considers a DNA fragment "incorrect" and subjected to its warranty when the user presents data confirming the wrong sequencing results of the minimum number of clones stated in the specifications table above.
Note that DNA fragments, regardless of which vendor provides them, are not the same as synthetic genes; i.e. they are not 100% sequence-verified. Also, note that cloning/screening efficiency is dependent on the cloning protocol and methodology. For high-efficiency cloning methodologies, such as restriction enzyme cloning or Gibson Assembly®, GenScript recommends colony PCR screening of 5-10 clones, followed by sequencing verification of 3-5 positive clones. Fragments with high complexity regions may require screening and sequencing more clones. Also, processes, such as transformation and amplification, can result in mutations and hence, lower sequence fidelity.
GenParts® DNA fragments are checked for the right sequence size using gel elecrtrophoresis, fragment analyzer and batch sequencing. If you prefer to have a 100% sequence-verified fragment, please use our gene synthesis service, which is fully sequence-guaranteed.
- Gene assembly
- Inserts for molecular cloning
- Quantitative PCR controls
- Templates for in vitro transcription
- Templates for homology directed repair, such as CRISPR templates for HDR knock-in
- DNA blocks for library assembly and high-throughput screening
- Antibody, protein and pathway engineering
- GenParts® DNA Fragments: Versatile Gene Blocks with Diverse Applications (Application Note) New
- Efficient & Easy Vector Modification Using GenParts® DNA Fragments (Application Note)
- Assembling GenParts® DNA Fragments with GenBuilder™ Cloning Kit (isothermal assembly)
Molecular Cloning Guides
- How to clone GenParts® DNA fragments with Gibson Assembly
- How to clone GenParts® DNA fragments with T/A cloning
- How to use GenParts® DNA fragments for vector modification
- Restriction Cloning Troubleshooting & Tips
Senior Scientist, GenScript USA Inc.
Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota
Senior Scientist, GenScript USA Inc.
Head of BioDesign, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory Founder & CSO, TeselaGen Biotechnology
- Does GenScript provide codon optimization services?
Yes! upon your request, GenScript provides free codon optimization on all submitted sequences. Our OptimumGene™Codon Optimization algorithm uses particle swarm technology to evaluate multiple gene expression variables in over 15 different organisms. Results have shown that GenScript-optimized projects have higher protein yield (a) of up to 100x compared to native sequences, and (b) of up to 50x when compared to design tools based solely on codon usage tables.
- What cloning methodologies are GenScript gene fragments compatible with?
- After Gene Fragment assembly, how many colonies will I need to screen to obtain my desired clone?
Cloning and screening efficiency will be dependent on the cloning methodology and protocols used. For high-efficiency cloning methodologies, such as restriction enzyme cloning or Gibson Assembly®, GenScript recommends colony PCR screening of 5-10 clones, followed by sequencing verification of 3-5 positive clones. Fragments with high complexity regions may require additional screening and sequencing. GenScript scientists have found that after colony PCR screening, typically over 90% of remaining clones will contain your sequence of interest.
- Can GenParts® DNA Fragments be used to modify sequences in a plasmid vector?
Yes! GenScript DNA fragments can be efficiently used to modify sequences of up to 2,000 bp with an isothermal assembly method. This allows you to add or remove restriction sites, tags, sequence motifs, selection markers, and other sequences of interest. For more information, refer to our free application note and guide on vector modification using GenParts®.
- What should I consider when designing GenParts® DNA Fragments?
In addition to general oligonucleotide design rules (see next question), consider the assembly method you will be using before finalizing the design of your DNA fragment (DNA block). If you use restriction enzyme cloning, remember to add 6-12 bp at the end of each fragment, beyond the restriction site. Many restriction enzymes require additional DNA spacers for efficient digestion. If using an isothermal assembly method, make sure that each DNA fragment (including the cloning vector) shares a 15-40 bp homology sequence at each terminus.
- What general factors do I need to consider when designing DNA fragments?
To minimize sequence complexity when designing GenParts® DNA fragments, pay attention to:
- GC content:
- Design your global sequence GC content between 25%-75%
- Design your terminal sequence (terminal 30bp) GC content between 20%-80%
- Design your local sequence (internal 60bp) GC content between 15%-85%
- Poly-nucleotide content:
- Poly-A and poly-T motifs should not surpass 14bp in length.
- Poly-G and poly-C motifs should not surpass 10bp in length.
- Poly-A/T motifs should not surpass 50bp in length.
- Poly-G/C motifs should not surpass 25bp in length.
- Repeated DNA content:
- Inverted repeats, direct repeats, tandem repeats, and palindromes should be avoided when possible.
You can also use our DNA Fragment Design Tool for an in-depth analysis of the complexity of your sequence.
- What options do I have if my sequence is flagged as complex?
Our scientists will personally evaluate your submitted sequence to determine the feasibility of synthesis regardless of the sequence complexity. A quoted analysis will be sent within 24 hours of your submission. To avoid sequence complexity issues altogether, you may want to select the GenScript codon optimization option which will screen and remove complex features, while maximizing protein product yield.
- What if I require customized DNA fragment reagents or deliverables?
GenScript tries its best to accommodate customized requests. When ordering, please indicate your specific custom needs in the comment box. Alternatively, you can email our Ph.D.-level technical support staff at email@example.com.
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours Monday through Friday.
You may contact us anytime for assistance.