GenParts™ DNA Fragments
GenParts™ are linearized, double-stranded DNA fragments or DNA blocks, which can be used directly or cloned into your vector or choice. With GenParts™ you can:
GenParts™ Service Guarantee
- Guaranteed on-time delivery of your order
- Guaranteed low error rates in your fragments
If we can't get it right, we will either will either repeat the synthesis of the failed fragment free of charge or refund your money. For more details about our service guarantee, check out our Quality Assurance & Production section below.
|Catalog No.||Base Pairs||Yield (ng)||Min. No. of Clones for Screening *||Production Time *||Pricing|
|GenParts™ DNA Fragments (SC1930)||100-500||500ng||5||2-4 Days||$89|
*Production time is calculated using business days.
*Orders placed before 12:00PM EST (on business days) will be considered ordered on the same day.
*Domestic orders placed within the US are delivered by overnight shipping.
*For international order shipping inquiries, please contact us directly.
*The indicated “Minimum Number of Clones for Screening” is to have >90% chance of obtaining your desired clone for a DNA fragment with a standard (i.e. not identified as complex by our quotation system) sequence.
Experimental Applications & Assembly Methods
- Gene assembly
- Inserts for molecular cloning
- Quantitative PCR controls
- Templates for in vitro transcription
- Templates for homology directed repair
- DNA blocks for library assembly and high-throughput screening
How GenParts can be used:
- Restriction enzyme cloning
- Isothermal assembly methods, including:
- Golden Gate Assembly
- T/A Cloning
How GenParts can be assembled:
Learn More About DNA Fragments
Knowing how valuable your research time is, we have streamlined our production and shipping processes to ensure:
- on-time delivery of your GenParts™ DNA fragment order
- high fidelity of your standard, non-complex GenParts™ sequences
This means that if your order is delayed† or incorrect† †, we will either repeat the synthesis of the failed fragment free of charge or refund your money.
† Delayed delivery guarantee is excluded from unforeseen circumstances, such as natural disasters, government action, unexpected social events or loss of package by courier.
† † GenScript considers a DNA fragment "incorrect" and subjected to its warranty when the user presents data confirming the wrong sequencing results of the minimum number of clones stated in the specifications table above.
Note that cloning/screening efficiency is dependent on the cloning protocol and methodology. For high-efficiency cloning methodologies, such as restriction enzyme cloning or Gibson Assembly®, GenScript recommends colony PCR screening of 5-10 clones, followed by sequencing verification of 3-5 positive clones. Fragments with high complexity regions may require screening and sequencing more clones. Also, processes, such as transformation and amplification, can result in mutations and hence, lower sequence fidelity.
GenParts DNA fragments are checked for the right sequence size using gel electrophoresis and fragment analyzer; they are not subjected to NGS or Sanger sequencing. If you prefer to have a 100% sequence-verified fragment, please use our gene synthesis service, which is fully sequence-guaranteed.
Every DNA fragment synthesized by GenScript follows our ISO9001-certified production and quality assurance process:
- Sequences between 100-2000bp are designed and entered onto our fragment design tool.
- After entry, sequences are reviewed by our automated screening algorithms to flag and alert customers of any potential complexities or irregularities within their sequences.
- After automated screening, PhD-level GenScript technical support scientists personally review sequences to:
- Upon customer request, conduct codon optimization with our GenScript-patented OptimumGene algorithms Learn More.
GenScript sequence optimization can increase protein expression by up to 100x when compared to native sequences and by up to 50x when compared to design tools based solely on codon usage tables.
- Determine the synthesis feasibility of complex or irregular sequences.
- Screen DNA fragment orders for regulated pathogen sequences in accordance with International Gene Synthesis Consortium (IGSC) standards.
These procedures establish a high standard for quality performance, over 90% of screened clones will contain the sequence of interest for a majority of DNA Fragment projects.
Senior Scientist, GenScript USA Inc.
Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota
Senior Scientist, GenScript USA Inc.
Head of BioDesign, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory Founder & CSO, TeselaGen Biotechnology
- Efficient & Easy Vector Modification Using GenParts™ DNA Fragments (Application Note)
- Molecular Cloning Guide: How to use GenParts™ DNA fragments for vector modification
- Molecular Cloning Guide: Restriction Cloning Troubleshooting & Tips
- Assembling GenParts DNA Fragments with GenBuilder™ Cloning Kit (isothermal assembly)
- GenParts DNA Fragments User Instructions
- Gene Synthesis Handbook
- Molecular Cloning Handbook
- Does GenScript provide codon optimization services?
GenScript provides free codon optimization on all sequences, optionally. GenScript's OptimumGene™ algorithm uses particle swarm technology to evaluate multiple gene expression variables in over 15 different organisms. GenScript-optimized projects have seen higher protein yield of up to 100x when compared to native sequences, and of up to 50x when compared to design tools based solely on codon usage tables.
- What cloning methodologies are GenScript gene fragments compatible with?
GenScript DNA fragments are compatible with all commonly used cloning methodologies including restriction enzyme cloning, blunt-end cloning, T/A cloning, GenBuilder Assembly, Golden Gate Assembly®, Gibson Assembly®, and Gateway Cloning®.
- After Gene Fragment assembly, how many colonies will I need to screen to obtain my desired clone?
Cloning and screening efficiency will be dependent on the cloning methodology and protocols used. For high-efficiency cloning methodologies, such as restriction enzyme cloning or Gibson Assembly®, GenScript recommends colony PCR screening of 5-10 clones, followed by sequencing verification of 3-5 positive clones. Fragments with high complexity regions may require additional screening and sequencing. GenScript scientists have found that after colony PCR screening, typically over 90% of remaining clones will contain your sequence of interest.
- What is the maximum DNA fragment length that can be generated for each sequence?
GenParts DNA fragments can be synthesized from any length between 100 to 2,000bp. While oligo assembly of sequences longer than 2,000bp is feasible, GenScript has streamlined our production procedures to minimize cost and turnaround time for our customers. If DNA blocks are required, two or more DNA fragments can be assembled via Gibson Assembly® or other isothermal assembly methods.
- Can GenParts DNA Fragments be used to modify sequences in a plasmid vector?
Yes! GenScript DNA Fragments can be used to modify sequences of up to 2,000bp via Gibson Assembly®. This allows researchers to add or remove: restriction sites, tags, sequence motifs, selection markers, and other sequences of interest.
- What should I consider when designing GenParts DNA Fragments?
When designing DNA Fragments for restriction enzyme cloning, remember to add 6-12bp at the end of each fragment, beyond the restriction site. Many restriction enzymes require additional DNA spacers for efficient digestion.
When designing DNA Fragments for Gibson Assembly®, remember to add a 15-80bp overlap of the adjacent DNA fragment. GenScript scientists have obtained maximum DNA fragment cloning efficiency using 40 bp overlaps.
- What types of sequence features should I be aware of when designing DNA fragments?
There are three major characteristics that need to be considered to minimize sequence complexity when designing GenParts DNA Fragments.
- GC content:
- Design your global sequence GC content between 25%-75%
- Design your terminal sequence (terminal 30bp) GC content between 20%-80%
- Design your local sequence (internal 60bp) GC content between 15%-85%
- Poly-nucleotide content:
- Poly-A and poly-T motifs should not surpass 14bp in length.
- Poly-G and poly-C motifs should not surpass 10bp in length.
- Poly-A/T motifs should not surpass 50bp in length.
- Poly-G/C motifs should not surpass 25bp in length.
- Repeated DNA content:
- Inverted repeats, direct repeats, tandem repeats, and palindromes should be avoided when possible.
Customers can also use our DNA Fragment Design Tool for an in-depth analysis of sequence complexity.
- What options do I have if my sequence is flagged as complex?
GenScript scientists will personally evaluate your sequences to determine the feasibility of synthesis regardless of your sequence complexity. A quoted analysis will be sent within 24 hours of your submission. To avoid sequence complexity issues altogether, customers may want to select the GenScript codon optimization option which will screen and remove complex features, while maximizing protein product yield.
- What if I require customized DNA fragment reagents or deliverables?
GenScript tries its best to accommodate customized requests. When ordering, please indicate your custom needs in our comment box. Alternatively, you can email our PhD-level technical support staff with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GenParts™ Ordering Process
- Promotion applies only to SC1930 items.
- Promotion is automatically applied during checkout.
- Promotion cannot be combined with any other promotion or special pricing agreements.
- Promotion is valid through December 31, 2018.
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours Monday through Friday.
You may contact us anytime for assistance.