GenScript Gene Fragments
Get guaranteed turnaround times on your DNA synthesis by using GenScript Gene Fragments.
GenScript Gene Fragments are linearized, double-stranded blocks of DNA, which can be easily assembled into your vector of choice. Gene Fragments can save you more than half the time and cost of standard gene synthesis.
Promotion: Save an additional 20% off your gene fragments through Mar 31st!
- Promotion applies only to SC1930 Gene Fragment orders.
- Promotion cannot be combined with any other promotions or special pricing agreements.
Always start your projects on time with the only Gene Fragment Guarantee offered in the world:
- GenScript guarantees our production times on all standard sequences.
- GenScript guarantees a minimum yield of 500ng for DNA fragments up to 1000bp.
- GenScript guarantees a minimum yield of 1000ng for DNA fragments up to 2000bp.
|Catalog#||Base Pairs||Yield||Production Time*||Pricing|
*Production time is calculated using business days.
*Depending on the location, shipping may add 1-2 days to the delivery time.
*Orders placed before 12:00PM EST (on business days) will be considered ordered on the same day.
The GenScript Gene Fragment Guarantee
At GenScript, we realize how valuable and important your time is. Faster assembly and cloning of your genes means more time to work on the real experiments.
Through many rounds of testing, GenScript has perfected the production and distribution process to make sure you always get your gene fragment products on time. Be cause gene synthesis is a science, not an art.
With confidence, we'd like to extend the following guarantees to our customers:
- GenScript fully guarantees our production times on all standard, non-complex sequences.
- GenScript fully guarantees a minimum yield of 500ng for DNA fragments up to 1000bp.
- GenScript fully guarantees a minimum yield of 1000ng for DNA fragments up to 2000bp.
Per our guarantee, GenScript will reimburse the cost of any gene fragments that have not meet our minimum yield or turnaround time requirements, in addition to providing the fragments you've originally ordered.
Every gene fragment synthesized by GenScript follows our ISO9001:2008-certified production and quality assurance process:
- Sequences between 100-2000bp are designed and entered onto our gene fragment design tool.
- After order entry, sequences are reviewed by our automated screening algorithms to flag and alert customers of any potential complexities or irregularities within their sequences.
- After automated screening, PhD-level GenScript technical support scientists personally review sequences to:
- Upon customer request, conduct codon optimization with our GenScript-patented OptimumGene algorithms Learn More.
GenScript sequence optimization can increase protein expression by up to 100x when compared to native sequences and by up to 50x when compared to design tools based solely on codon usage tables.
- Determine the synthesis feasibility of complex or irregular sequences.
- Screen gene fragment orders for regulated pathogen sequences in accordance with International Gene Synthesis Consortium (IGSC) standards.
These procedures establish a high standard for quality performance, over 90% of screened clones will contain the sequence of interest for a majority of Gene Fragment projects.
Director of Synthetic Biology Informatics at the Joint BioEnergy Institute Head of BioDesign at Lawrence Berkeley National LaboratoryDr. Nathan Hilson
Does GenScript provide codon optimization services?
GenScript provides free codon optimization on all sequences, optionally. GenScript's OptimumGene™ algorithm uses particle swarm technology to evaluate multiple gene expression variables in over 15 different organisms. GenScript-optimized projects have seen higher protein yield of up to 100x when compared to native sequences, and of up to 50x when compared to design tools based solely on codon usage tables.
What cloning methodologies are GenScript gene fragments compatible with?
GenScript gene fragments are compatible with all commonly used cloning methodologies including restriction enzyme cloning, blunt-end cloning, T/A cloning, GenBuilder Assembly, Golden Gate Assembly®, Gibson Assembly®, and Gateway Cloning®.
After Gene Fragment assembly, how many colonies will I need to screen to obtain my desired clone?
Cloning and screening efficiency will be dependent on the cloning methodology and protocols used. For high-efficiency cloning methodologies, such as restriction enzyme cloning or Gibson Assembly®, GenScript recommends colony PCR screening of 5-10 clones, followed by sequencing verification of 4-6 positive clones. GenScript scientists have found that after colony PCR screening, typically over 90% of remaining clones will contain your sequence of interest.
What is the maximum DNA fragment length that can be generated for each sequence?
GenScript gene fragments can be synthesized from any length between 100 to 2,000bp. While oligo assembly of sequences longer than 2,000bp is feasible, GenScript has streamlined our production procedures to minimize cost and turnaround time for our customers. If longer sequences are required, two or more gene fragments can be assembled via Gibson Assembly® or other isothermal assembly methods.
Can GenScript Gene Fragments be used to assemble larger genes?
Yes! Our scientists have been able to efficiently assemble up to 8 Gene Fragments of 600bp each using Gibson Assembly® reagents from either New England BioLabs® or SGI-DNA®. For the assembly of longer sequences, we recommend the use of a subcloning strategy.
Can GenScript Gene Fragments be used to modify sequences in a plasmid vector?
Yes! GenScript Gene Fragments can be used to modify sequences of up to 2,000bp via Gibson Assembly®. This allows researchers to add or remove: restriction sites, tags, sequence motifs, selection markers, and other sequences of interest.
What should I consider when designing GenScript Gene Fragments?
When designing Gene Fragments for restriction enzyme cloning, remember to add 6-12bp at the end of each DNA fragment, beyond the restriction site. Many restriction enzymes require additional DNA spacers for efficient digestion.
When designing Gene Fragments for Gibson Assembly®, remember to add a 15-80bp overlap of the adjacent DNA fragment. GenScript scientists have obtained maximum Gene Fragment cloning efficiency using 40 bp overlaps.
What types of sequence features should I be aware of when designing DNA fragments?
There are three major characteristics that need to be considered to minimize sequence complexity when designing GenScript Gene Fragments.
- GC content:
- Design your global sequence GC content between 25%-75%
- Design your terminal sequence (terminal 30bp) GC content between 20%-80%
- Design your local sequence (internal 60bp) GC content between 15%-85%
- Poly-nucleotide content:
- Poly-A and poly-T motifs should not surpass 14bp in length.
- Poly-G and poly-C motifs should not surpass 10bp in length.
- Poly-A/T motifs should not surpass 50bp in length.
- Poly-G/C motifs should not surpass 25bp in length.
- Repeated DNA content:
- Inverted repeats, direct repeats, tandem repeats, and palindromes should be avoided when possible.
Customers can also use our Gene Fragment Design Tool for an in-depth analysis of sequence complexity.
What options do I have if my sequence is flagged as complex?
GenScript scientists will personally evaluate your sequences to determine the feasibility of synthesis regardless of your sequence complexity. A quoted analysis will be sent within 24 hours of your submission. To avoid sequence complexity issues altogether, customers may want to select the GenScript codon optimization option which will screen and remove complex features, while maximizing protein product yield.
What if I require customized gene fragment reagents or deliverables?
GenScript tries its best to accommodate customized requests. When ordering, please indicate your custom needs in our comment box. Alternatively, you can email our PhD-level technical support staff with your request at email@example.com.
Quotes and Ordering Process
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours Monday through Friday.
You may contact us anytime for assistance.