Important Notification on Rush Gene Synthesis Services Suspension
To keep providing quality services for your research, we are about to relocate the New Jersey facilities from 8/3/2020 to 8/11/2020. During the period, all rush services including gene synthesis, cloning, mutagenesis and plasmid preparation will be in pending. The orders placed before 8/3/2020 might be affected as well. For any question or urgent request, please contact your account manager for assistance.
Site-Directed Mutagenesis Services
Site-directed mutagenesis facilitates life science research by creating specific DNA mutations (including point mutations, deletion mutations, and insertion mutations) to enable studies of gene regulatory elements, DNA-protein interactions, protein structure/function, enzyme active sites, and novel proteins.
GenScript's site-directed mutagenesis services provide a fast, cost-saving, way to get 100% accurate mutant DNA clones, without having to spend your time and money on mutagenesis kits to do PCR mutagenesis, cloning, and sequencing in your own lab. Powered by our industry-leading gene synthesis technology and high-performance GS polymerase, GenScript can make any gene template and any number of mutations, starting at just $99/mutant and 5-day turnaround time.
Advantages of GenScript's Site-Directed Mutagenesis Services
- Unparalleled Accuracy: GenScript's high performance GS polymerase ensures accuracy of mutants, avoiding creation of unwanted mutations.
- Unlimited Sites: Using our sophisticated gene synthesis and mutagenesis techniques, GenScript can introduce mutations at any site.
- Mutations on Large DNA Constructs: Our technology is optimized to introduce point mutations, insertion mutations, and deletion mutations on constructs as large as 12 kb (including target gene and its vector).
- One-stop solutions: We offer comprehensive upstream and downstream services, including template DNA sequencing, de novo gene synthesis, Express Cloning into free expression vectors, customized vector construction, and protein expression and purification.
- Most Competitive Prices starting at $99/mutant.
Mutagenesis Services Price and Turnaround Time
|Express Mutagenesis bundled with gene synthesis+ - Cat No. SC1441|
|Template Length||Price||Turnaround Time|
|< 3 kb||$99 per mutation*||5 business days|
|3 – 8 kb||$99 per mutation* + $100||5 business days|
|> 8 kb||Request a quote||Request a quote|
|Mutagenesis from a template previously synthesized by GenScript- - Cat No. SC1626|
|Template Length||Price||Turnaround Time|
|< 3 kb||$99 per mutation*||Starts at 8 business days|
|3 – 8 kb||$99 per mutation* + $100|
|> 8 kb||Request a quote|
|Site-Directed Mutagenesis from Customer-Provided Templates
(no gene synthesis) - Cat No. SC1023
|Template length||Price||Turnaround Time|
|< 1 kb||$169 per mutation*||10 business days|
|> 1 kb||Starts at $269||Starts at 13 business days|
+Prices and turnaround times shown for Cat No. SC1441 apply to mutagenesis ordered at the same time as new gene synthesis orders.
-For mutagenesis from a template previously synthesized by GenScript (Cat No. SC1626), please Quote with your previous order number to request a quote for price and turnaround time. Turnaround time may increase for inserts >1 kb.
*One mutation is defined as any combination of base changes within a 30-base frame.
|Express Mutagenesis bundled with rush gene synthesis+|
|<3 kb||$149||3 business days|
|3-8 kb||$249||3 business days|
+Prices and turnaround times shown for rush gene synthesis apply to mutagenesis ordered at the same time as new gene synthesis orders.
How to Submit DNA templates for Mutagenesis
The fastest, and usually the most cost-effective, way to get the mutant DNA constructs you need is to order Express Mutagenesis bundled with gene synthesis using our online quotation form.
- The complete sequence of the template including the target gene and its vector.
- Mutation specifications.
- Maps and antibiotic resistance of the template and destination vectors.
- Recommended to send 4 μg of template DNA as the starting material. If the starting material is bacterial culture, please send the culture at sufficient amount.
Delivery Specifications for Mutagenesis Services
All of our mutagenesis services offer the following delivery package:
- 4 μg of lyophilized plasmid containing your gene insert (1 μg for low-copy plasmid) *
- Sequence chromatograms covering your gene (electronic)
- Construct map for the plasmid (electronic)
- Quality assurance certificate
Quotations and Ordering
- For quotation requests and questions, you may contact us by phone, email, fax, or via our secured online quotation system. For batch orders of gene synthesis bundled with mutagenesis, please download our Quick Quotation Request Form.
- Orders can be placed by phone, email, fax, or online with a formal PO (Purchase Order) or credit card.
- To provide templates for mutagenesis (Cat No. SC1023), please send your samples with full shipping information and PO number (if applicable) with a hard copy of the completed Mutagenesis Quotation Request Form to Site-directed Mutagenesis Services, GenScript, 860 Centennial Avenue., Piscataway, NJ 08854, U.S.
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours Monday through Friday.
You may contact us anytime for assistance.