Genscript Biotech Corporation is a global biotech company. The Company’s mission is to “Make the Human and Nature Healthier through Biotechnology”. Genscript Biotech Corporation is a leading life sciences research and application service and product provider that applies its proprietary technology to various fields from basic life sciences research to translational biomedical development, industrial synthetic products, and cell therapeutic solutions.
Leveraging in the Group’s proprietary gene synthesis and other technology and know-hows, the Group has established four major platforms including (i) a leading contracted research organization (“CRO”) platform to provide one-stop solutions to global research communities; (ii) a contract development and manufacturing organization (“CDMO”) platform; (iii) an industrial synthetic products platform; and (iv) an integrated global cell therapy platform. The CRO platform remains as the strong and stable revenue generating foundation for the entire corporate. The CDMO platform provides end-to-end biologics discovery and development services to pharmaceutical, biotech, government and academic customers worldwide. The industrial synthetic products platform develops products for food and feed processing and other industrial uses. The cell therapy platform provides cell therapy solutions to patients with refractory diseases including cancer and inflammatory diseases.
Backed by gene synthesis and editing technology, the Group has made significant progress in its synthetic biology research and application, which mainly materialized into its innovative chimeric antigen receptor (“CAR”) T-cell (“CAR-T”) therapy and industrial enzyme businesses. With a strong sales and marketing team and strong research and development capabilities, the Company maintains a stable and sustainable growth.
Main Areas of Services and Products
- Publicly-Traded Company: Listed in Hong Kong’s stock market (01548.HK) since 2015, GenScript has over 2,000 employees comprised of 28% Ph.D. & Master scientists who share their knowledge and expertise with our research partners worldwide.
- Frequently-Cited in Publications: With an average citation of 4,180/year, the number of peer-reviewed publications citing GenScript’s services and products has passed 26,900 over the 15-years of its tenure; placing GenScript among the most frequently-cited biotech companies in the world.
- Proven Gene Expertise: As the leading gene synthesis provider in the world, our gene synthesis tools are designed to make research accessible. Our propriety, PSO-based OptimumGene codon optimization technology enables the design of the most expression-efficient sequence available, while our CloneArk™ system provides a platform for researchers to archive, share and reuse their clones for future use with peace of mind.
- Reliable Synthetic Peptides: Powered by advanced PepPower™ synthesis technology platform and supported by stringent quality management systems, GenScript synthesizes more than 10,000 peptides/month with batch-to batch consistency, variety of custom modifications and delivery options while maintaining the record synthetic peptide length of 100 amino acids.
- Proprietary MonoRab™ Antibody: Through a combination of novel mouse-rabbit hybridoma technology and capability for early stage antibody sequencing, GenScript exclusively generates custom rabbit monoclonal antibodies with high sensitivity, affinity and specificity tailored for anti-idiotype and in vitro diagnostic antibody development.
- Premier High-Throughput Gene to Antibody Production: Designed to accelerate the drug screening process, GenScript helps researchers identify promising candidate leads and advance to the production of purified recombinant antibodies with one of the fastest turnaround times in the industry.
- Licensed CRISPR/Cas9 Genome Editing: Through partnership with the technology’s pioneering Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, as well as ERS Genomics, GenScript offers a variety of CRISPR services, including guide RNA design tools, pre-validated CRISPR plasmids, and learning resources to help scientists harness the power of CRISPR genome editing in life science research.