Precise Synthetic Oligo Pools
Our proprietary semiconductor-based electrochemical oligo synthesis platform developed by CustomArray, Inc. allows the precise design and synthesis of thousands of user-defined sequences simultaneously on a coverslip-sized chip, providing you with an affordable, customized oligo pool. Electronic control of the synthesis process produces high fidelity oligos with top-notch sequence accuracy, ensuring all of the sequences you design are represented.
Our extensive selection of additional services can also complement your customized oligo pool, offering a one-stop solution for all your screening and engineering needs. With industry-leading turnaround time and affordable pricing starting at less than $0.02/base, GenScript’s oligo pool service is the economical choice for high quality oligos that you can rely on to turn your scientific ideas into reality.
Key Features of GenScript’s Oligo Pool Service
Flexibility for Your Application
High Screening Efficiency
Low Batch Variations
|Oligo Length||Up to 170 bases|
|Yield||Up to 1 fmol of each oligo|
|Turnaround Time||1-2 weeks|
Pricing is based on chip size and oligo length. We offer two different chip capacities. Need a larger number of oligos? You can combine oligos from multiple chips into a single pool to meet your specific experimental needs.
- 12K chip – holds a maximum of 12,472 unique oligos
- 90K chip – holds a maximum of 91,766 unique oligos
Our no minimum order size and simple pricing structure makes oligo synthesis affordable, allowing you to quickly and efficiently get what you need!
|Oligo Length (Bases)*||Up to 12,472 oligos (USD)
|Up to 91,766 oligos (USD)
*If you need oligos of 171-200 bases in length, please contact us for pricing and availability. Pricing is determined by the longest oligo length in the pool. We recommend keeping the lengths of the oligos in your pool within 10%.
The semiconductor-based chip technology used for oligo pool generation allows for automated control of the synthesis process. Each electrode is individually monitored, generating oligos of the highest quality with top notch sequence accuracy. Performance of all electrodes are verified and logged for each pool.
Synthesis Verification of Full Length Oligos in a Pool
New – Synthesis verification of full oligo length using spike-in control oligos
In order to verify full-length synthesis of oligos, we now offer an additional QC option for FREE, PCR amplification of control oligos synthesized on the same chip. Sequences of 50 optimized control oligos will be synthesized with each pool and PCR amplification of the control oligos will be performed to confirm oligo synthesis. Customer sequences will be screened to ensure QC PCR primers will only capture control oligos.
Our standard quality control includes:
- Post-synthesis visual verification of synthesized DNA for each electrode by microarray scanner
- Purity and yield of oligo pool tested by UV full spectrum analysis
- Guaranteed final yield of synthesized oligos in each pool
*PCR amplification of entire pool, cloning, and sequencing for sequence coverage and accuracy at an additional fee*
Please contact our customer service representatives to get guaranteed final amount of your desired oligo pool:
Uniform Distribution of 12,000 Unique Oligos
The customer ordered a 12,000 125 nt oligo pool. By using our proprietary semi-conductor array synthesis platform, we delivered the product within 7 days. Post synthesis we amplified the oligo pool and performed NGS via illumina Hi-Seq. Results are shown in the figure to the left.
Advantages of using array-synthesized, double stranded DNA capture probes in NGS targeted sequencing (Application Note)
Assembly of precise mutant libraries using arrayed-synthesized oligos for protein optimization (Application Note)
- Thomas Gonatopoulos-Pournatzis, M. A. (2020). Genetic interaction mapping and exon-resolution functional genomics with a hybrid Cas9-Cas12a platform. Nature Biotechnology, 38(5):638-648. New
- A Marieke Oudelaar, R. A.-S. (2020). Dynamics of the 4D genome during in vivo lineage specification and differentiation. Nat Commun, 11(1):2722.
- Allison N Catizone, G. K. (2020). Locally acting transcription factors regulate p53-dependent cis-regulatory element activity. Nucleic Acids Res, 48(8):4195-4213.
- Huiran Yeom, T. R. (2020). Cell-Free Bacteriophage Genome Synthesis Using Low-Cost Sequence-Verified Array-Synthesized Oligonucleotides. ACS Synth Biol, 9(6):1376-1384.
- Irem Ozkan-Dagliyan, J. N.-N. (2020). Low-Dose Vertical Inhibition of the RAF-MEK-ERK Cascade Causes Apoptotic Death of KRAS Mutant Cancers. Cell Rep, 31(11):107764.
- Kasidet Hiranniramol, Y. C. (2020). Generalizable sgRNA design for improved CRISPR/Cas9 editing efficiency. Bioinformatics, 36(9):2684-2689.
- A BRAVE Approach for Generating Novel AAV Vectors
- Oligo Pools: Design, Synthesis, & Research Applications
Speaker: Marcus Davidsson, PhD, Research Scientist Michigan State University & Lund University
Speaker: Marcelo Caraballo, Senior Scientist, GenScript USA Inc.
Check out our interview from the TIDES: Oligonucleotide & Peptide Therapeutics 2019 conference featuring our senior scientist, Marcelo Caraballo! Learn more about our chip-based oligo pool synthesis technology and developing innovative solutions for the precision diagnostic and therapeutic research fields.
Applications for GenScript’s Oligo Pool Service
Oligo pools have a wide array of uses in various research applications. Click below to learn more about how GenScript’s oligo pool and related services can meet your application needs.
CRISPR gRNA library
gRNA libraries are ideal for high-throughput screening of important molecular targets for developing cancer therapeutics and diagnostics as well as microorganism engineering. These libraries leverage the efficiency and specificity of the CRISPR gene editing technology to either knock-out gene expression or transcriptionally activate genes in the genome.
- GeCKO library for genome-scale knock-out
- Highly customized gRNA library with oligo pool technology New
A pooled lentiviral screen can be performed to identify genes that regulate cellular responses and signaling pathways or to discover novel gene functions. Pooled screening libraries can consist of as few as 50 constructs up to many thousands. GenScript’s siRNA Design Center and chip based synthesis platform make the lentivirus-based RNAi libraries available to verify your research hypothesis.
Mutant libraries are used to identify critical residues or regulatory elements and optimize protein structure and function. GenScript offers various mutant libraries customized for your application needs, including industrial & therapeutic enzymes, metabolic & protein engineering and antibody drug development. Our oligo pool synthesis platform allows full control of mutation ratio and creates near 100% coverage of desired variants.
Library services we offer:
Molecular diagnostics based on NGS technology has shown great potential to revolutionize the in vitro diagnostics market. Selectively capturing genomic regions of interest from a DNA sample prior to sequencing reduces the expense of whole genome sequencing and speeds up the discovery process. GenScript’s oligo pool synthesis platform allows high-throughput synthesis of oligos, providing a fast and economic approach to discovery of disease causing mutations or optimization of gene panels in diagnostic kit development.
Synthetic biology seeks to make the design, construction, and optimization of biological systems easier, more predictable and reliable. This requires the assembly of DNA circuitry, which can be costly, time-consuming, and complex. GenScript’s oligo pool service allows parallel oligo construction of high sequence fidelity oligos on a large scale, making the creation of synthetic genes and construction of optimized biological systems happen quickly and cost-effectively.
Oligo Pool Ordering Process
- Our technical account managers will contact you within 24 hours
- Orders can be placed by phone, email, fax, or online with a formal PO (purchase order) or credit card
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours Monday through Friday.