DNA Sequencing Sample submission Guidelines
Sample preparation guidelines
- We accept PCR products (purified or unpurified), and plasmid DNA samples.
- To ensure optimum template concentration, we suggest you to determine the concentration of your template DNA prior to shipment.
- For unpurified PCR products, run an agarose gel to make sure there is a single band.
Template and primer sent separately
Volume / RXN
|PCR products||50 ng/μl||10μl|
Premixed template and primer
Total Amount of Template
|Plasmid||<6kb||50 ng/μl||10 μl||~500 ng||25 pmoles||15 μl|
|6-10kb||80 ng/μl||10 μl||~800 ng|
|>10kb||100 ng/μl||10 μl||~1000 ng|
|Purified PCR Products||<1kb||2 ng/μl||10 μl||~20 ng||25 pmoles||15 μl|
|1-2kb||4 ng/μl||10 μl||~40 ng|
|2-4kb||6 ng/μl||10 μl||~60 ng|
- All samples, including templates and primers, should be submitted in the follow formats: 1.5 ml tubes, strip tubes or 96 well PCR plates.
- GenScript recommends using stripe type PCR tubes for sample submission.
- Seal the tubes and plates to prevent leakage, sample evaporation and cross-well contamination. GenScript is not responsible for leakage of samples during shipment.
- Please label your Samples/Plates/Primer Name clearly on the Tubes/Plates as follows in the illustrations below. For strip tubes, label the first and last one. (Please keep samples in the same order in strip tube as in your submission )
- If you have requested a Fedex shipping label with your order, it will be sent to you by email after you confirm the order, please print it out and place onto your sample shipping envelope.
Please send your samples together with a hard copy of the completed order summary to DNA Sequencing Service, GenScript, 860 Centennial Ave., Piscataway, NJ 08854, U.S.
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, Monday through Friday; please contact us anytime for assistance.