The hybridization capture-based target enrichment method for next-generation sequencing (NGS) enables sequencing of the specific region in the genome instead of whole genomic sequencing. Both the specificity, sensitivity, and coverage of the targeted region's hybridization are essential factors to evaluate the effect of capture probes' design.
GenSmart™ Target Enrichment Probe Designer, a new designer for capture probes, is independently developed by GenScript. With GenSmart™ Target Enrichment Probe Designer, you can select multiple input formats at the same time. Compared with other tools, it can meet the requirements of target enrichment more flexibly.
Advantages of GenSmart™ Target Enrichment Probe Designer
- More flexible input formats: 7 different input formats are available, you can select multiple input formats at the same time.
- Accessible historical data: historical design schemes can be checked at any time.
- Comprehensive factor analysis: using comprehensive evaluation of essential factors including capture specificity, sensitivity, and coverage.
- Accessibility: free, online tool, one step to design probe.
Application of GenSmart™ Target Enrichment Probe Designer
- Detection of hereditary cancer
- Cancer early detection
- Detection of immunotherapy efficacy
- Human leukocyte antigen typing
- Predictive genetic testing for complex diseases
- Detection of side effects of chemotherapy