Frozen Cell Production Service
Cell culturing is both challenging and time-consuming. Therefore, it often causes unforeseen delays that lead to irreparable costs in R&D processes. To triumph in drug discovery, it is paramount to be capable of efficient high-quality cell preparation. With state-of-the-art cell culture facilities, GenScript’s cell culture service can quickly deliver the frozen cells that satisfy the needs of your individual project on time. In addition, via chemical treatment under optimized protocols, the frozen cells demonstrate excellent performance in cell-based assays and serves as a more affordable alternative to expensive GPCR and ion channel stable cell lines.
- Large cell line collection: Availability of over 160 GPCR and ion channel over-expressing cell lines.
- Reliability: Each batch of frozen cells is validated with stringent criteria to assure consistent results.
- Convenience: Instead of engaging in lengthy in-house cell culturing process that can easily take weeks, simply thaw and plate the frozen cell, and run the assays, that are completed in 24 hours after thawing the cells.
- Variability arrest: Protocols are optimized to alleviate biological variability. Chemically treated frozen cells cannot be further passaged.
* Ready-to-UseTM frozen cells are chemically treated so as to arrest cell growth and reduce biological variability, and herein CAN NOT be passaged.
|Fig A. This diagram depicts the calcium dose-response of Neurotensin stimulation of CHO-K1/NTS1 Cells Ready-to-UseTM(●) and non-treated cells (●). The result showing an increase in intracellular calcium was measured on a FlexStation fluorescent plate reader. Data points represent the average +/- standard deviation of triplicate determinations. || || |
|Fig B. This diagram depicts the calcium dose-response of Neurokinin A stimulation of CHO-K1/NK2 Cells Ready-to-UseTM(●) and non-treated cells (●). The result showing an increase in intracellular calcium was measured on a FlexStation fluorescent plate reader. Data points represent the average +/- standard deviation of triplicate determinations. |
Note: 1. See GPCR & Ion Channel Cell Line Collection, for available cell lines intended for frozen cell production service.
|Item ||Service Package 1 ||Service Package 2 |
|Cell Line || |
Provided by GenScript1
Submitted by Client2
|Cell Culture || |
Based on GenScript's protocol
Based on client's customized protocol3
|Chemical Treatment || |
|Viability and Sterility test || |
|Z' factor and EC50 || |
|Yes, if the assay is available at GenScript. |
|Size of Aliquot || |
107 cells or upon client's request
|Shipment || |
Liquid nitrogen dry shipper
|Minimal Quantity per Batch || |
2.5 x 108 cells
|Estimated Timeline || |
<109 cells: 2-3 weeks; <1010 cells: 4-5 weeks; > 1010 cells: please inquire.
2. Client should provide mycoplasma negative cells in 2 vials (3 x 106 cells/vial).
3. Your customized protocol should meet the following requirements: a. Cells should grow well (doubling time <30 h) without passage limitation in a conventional medium (DMEM, RPMI, or Ham's F12) containing a maximum of 10% serum; b. No expensive/unusual additives should be involved; c. A maximum of two selected antibiotics (G418, Hygromycin B, Zeocin, or Puromycin) at reasonable concentrations.
Quotations and Ordering:
To request a quotation, please download and complete the and send it back by email or fax.
To order, please send the completed Quotation Form to us by email or fax with a formal PO (Purchase Order) or credit card information. You can also submit PO/credit card information by phone or via our Secure Online Messaging System.
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, Monday through Friday to assist you.
| ||Email: email@example.com |
| ||Phone: 1-877-436-7274 (Toll-Free), 1-732-885-9188 |
| ||Fax: 1-732-210-0262, 1-732-885-5878 |