OptimumGene™ - Codon Optimization
US Patent 8,326,547: Document Identifier US 20110081708 A1
As one of the world's leading suppliers of gene synthesis services, GenScript has a proven record of dedication to innovation in our constant efforts to integrate new and updated technology into our gene expression repertoire. GenScript's OptimumGene™ Gene Design system is a proprietary PSO-based gene optimization technology that can alter both naturally occurring and recombinant gene sequences to achieve the highest possible levels of productivity in any given expression system.
Why choose OptimumGene™?
While other gene platforms focus solely on codon usage tables when optimizing genes, the OptimumGene™ PSO algorithm takes into consideration a variety of critical factors involved in different stages of protein expression, such as codon adaptability, mRNA structure, and various cis-elements in transcription and translation. This allows our proprietary platform to provide the ideal sequence for maximum protein expression in any host.
Advantages of GenScript's OptimumGene Codon Optimization
- Significant increase in protein expression: Our OptimumGene Codon Optimization platform uses Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO), allowing for numerous variables to be simultaneously accounted for during the optimization process
- Fruitful results in even the most difficult sequences: GenScript's advanced algorithms optimize highly repeated sequences, extremely long sequences, and sequences with large numbers of parameters for increased protein expression.
- Comprehensive usage tables for optimization in any host: GenScript boasts an extensive collection of proprietary codon usage tables, allowing you to do codon optimization in any host, any time for either basic research or industrial applications. For example we have specific codon tables for organisms, such as Pichia and Sf9, which are widely used in development procedures.
- DNA vaccine design: GenScript provides effective solutions to your vaccine needs, such as screening and optimizing parameters involved in regulating vaccinal gene expression and immunogenicity.
- Customized solutions: The optimization can be tailored to meet your specific needs of even the most esoteric project.
OptimumGene™ History of Successful Codon Optimization
GenScript has accumulated years of experience in codon optimization and gene synthesis. Our system has optimized over 50,000 gene sequences in almost all major expression systems. Many top pharmaceutical companies are our customers.
"I think GenScript provides absolutely excellent products in a timely fashion. I have primarily used genscript to order codon optimized artificial genes. Ordering artificial genes on their website or via Email makes this especially facile because I can simply inquire about a gene, get a quote and then get a PO#. The whole process is fast and the turnaround time for obtaining the finished product is usually less than a month. I also think their technical support are wonderful people, they have been most helpful in facilitating the process. I am so impressed with them that I have recommended them to several of my colleagues."
― Professor Maria Schumacher, Duke University
Codon Usage is only one of many DNA sequence features that influence protein expression levels
OptimumGene™ algorithm optimizes a variety of parameters that are critical to transcription, translation and protein folding:
- GC content
- CpG dinucleotides content
- Cryptic splicing sites
- Negative CpG islands
- SD sequence
- TATA boxes
- Terminal signal
- Codon usage bias
- GC content
- mRNA secondary structure
- Premature PolyA sites
- RNA instability motif (ARE)
- Stable free energy of mRNA
- Internal chi sites and ribosomal binding sites
- Codon usage bias
- Interaction of codon and anti-codon
- RNA secondary structures
OptimumGene™ produces over 10,000 candidate sequences during round one alone. A complex sorting matrix then selects for the best sequence for each specific customized request.
- Proven increase in protein expression through optimizing a variety of parameters
Fig. 1. GenScript OptimumGene™ codon optimization genes increased the yield of expression (8 out of 10 genes) and the degree of solubility in some cases (6 out of 10 genes) compared to the native genes.
Reference: Burgess-Brown NA, Sharma S, Sobott F, Loenarz C, Oppermann U, Gileadi O. Codon optimization can improve expression of human genes in Escherichia coli: A multi-gene study. Protein Expr Purif. May 2008; 59(1): 94-102
- Significant Increase Drug Target Proteins Expression Level in E.coli.
Figures below manifested the effectiveness of the OptimumGene™ technology in increasing drug target proteins expression levels for two different genes expressed in E.coli.
Note: GenScript will not claim any rights whatsoever over any intellectual property or technical protocols involved in OptimumGene™ codon optimization and gene synthesis services such as gene sequences or any materials submitted by the customer. GenScript will not release such information to any third party without customer consent. Sensitive information is only disclosed to the personnel responsible for the successful operation of the project on a need-to-know basis. GenScript will sign a non-disclosure or confidentiality agreement to ensure customers' full rights over IP for the optimized and synthesized genes if needed.
Quotation and Ordering
- For quotation requests and questions, you may contact us by email, phone, or via our secured online quotation system.
- Orders can be placed by phone, email, fax, or online with a formal PO (Purchase Order) or credit card. Our gene service representatives are available 24 hours Monday through Friday. You may contact us anytime for assistance.
- For batch orders, please send us gene sequences in FASTA format or fill out and upload the Quick Quotation Request Form. Our Ph.D level representatives will help manage your projects from sequence design, optimization, synthesis, cloning and beyond without any additional charges (Certain Terms and Conditions Applies).