Expedite your downstream screening time with unbeatable control and complete coverage of your designed variants
Mutant libraries are powerful, high-throughput tools for optimizing protein structure and function. However, traditional methods for library construction, including error-prone PCR or degenerate methods, suffer from limited control over codon usage and poor variant representation. This requires multiple rounds of screening to capture the entire variation of the library.
Powered by GenScript’s strong expertise in de novo gene synthesis and our semiconductor-based oligo synthesis technology, our Precision Mutant Library service offers precise control over each synthesized variant. The result is a more diverse and fully covered mutant library with unbiased distribution, ultimately saving valuable screening time, speeding up discovery workflow and reducing overall downstream expenses.
Precision Mutant Library Options
Key Benefits of Precision Mutant Libraries
Using Next-Generation Semiconductor Technology for Library Construction
Each bar represents a mutated position and each color represents the frequency of variants with a particular amino acid.
A combinatorial mutagenesis library for 4 sequential amino acid positions was created using either degenerate (NNK) codons or using our precise oligos. Specific amino acids were requested at each site.
Using our semiconductor-based oligos in library construction:
- Eliminates the significant codon bias incurred with NNK degenerate oligos
- Achieves user-defined amino acid distribution with equal representation of variants
|Site-Saturation Mutagenesis||Saturation Scanning Mutagenesis||Combinatorial Mutagenesis|
Mutate several positions one at a time within a sequence located either consecutively or scattered throughout the protein sequence.
Target a consecutive string of amino acids within a defined region of the sequence or the whole protein sequence.
Mutate multiple positions simultaneously across specific target regions of a protein.
Library assembly is powered by our expertise in de novo gene synthesis and advanced semiconductor technology
Mutant libraries are delivered either as a mixed pool of variants or as individual subpools, with each pool containing all possible variants for a single amino acid position.
- Libraries can be cloned into any customized vector
- 1-2 µg of plasmid for saturation mutagenesis libraries
- 10 µg of plasmid for saturation scanning mutagenesis libraries
- 4 µg of plasmid for combinatorial mutagenesis libraries
- 1 ml of glycerol stock
- Plasmid preparation available upon request
Double-stranded DNA Libraries
- 10 µg of linear, double-stranded DNA
We offer both next-generation sequencing (NGS) and Sanger sequencing to test library coverage and diversity.
- A rate over 90% of the calculated coverage for the library will be considered an acceptable library
- NGS analysis report will be provided
A well-constructed mutant library can be a very useful tool for a variety of protein engineering projects, including:
- Improving antibody binding affinity through CDR engineering
- Optimizing enzyme affinity and stability
- Identifying critical residues within a protein domain
- Improving ligand-receptor binding
- Antibody affinity maturation
- Optimizing protein structure
How to Order
- Download and submit your mutant library design. Email the completed form to email@example.com or securely upload it at https://www.genscript.com/ssl-bin/online_project_management.cgi.
- Our technical account manager will contact you with a quote within 24 hours.
For questions or to discuss your library design with our Ph.D.-level scientists, contact us 24/7 via: