- Significant increase in protein expression
- Fruitful results in even the most difficult sequences: GenScript's advanced algorithms optimize highly repeated sequences, extremely long sequences, and sequences with large numbers of parameters for increased protein expression.
- Comprehensive usage tables for optimization in any host: GenScript boasts an extensive collection of proprietary codon usage tables, allowing you to do codon optimization in any host, any time for either basic research or industrial applications. For example we have specific codon tables for organisms, such as Pichia and Sf9, which are widely used in development procedures.
- DNA vaccine design: GenScript provides effective solutions for your vaccine needs, such as screening and optimizing parameters involved in regulating vaccinal gene expression and immunogenicity.
- Customized solutions: The optimization can be tailored to meet your specific needs of even the most esoteric project.
Use FREE Rare Codon Analysis Tool
to check if your gene needs to be optimized.
OptimumGene™ algorithm optimizes a variety of parameters that are critical to transcription, translation and protein folding: Transcriptional Efficacy:
- GC content
- CpG dinucleotides content
- Cryptic splicing sites
- Negative CpG islands
- SD sequence
- TATA boxes
- Terminal signal
- Codon usage bias
- GC content
- mRNA secondary structure
- Premature PolyA sites
- RNA instability motif (ARE)
- Stable free energy of mRNA
- Internal chi sites and ribosomal binding sites
- Codon usage bias
- Interaction of codon and anti-codon
- RNA secondary structures
OptimumGene™ produces over 10,000 candidate sequences during round one alone. A complex sorting matrix then selects for the best sequence for each specific customized request.
OptimumGene™ History of Successful Codon Optimization
GenScript has accumulated years of experience in codon optimization and gene synthesis. Our system has optimized over 50,000 gene sequences in almost all major expression systems. Many top pharmaceutical companies are our customers.
Fig. 1. We have used our algorithm to optimize over 50,000 sequences in all major expression systems
"I think GenScript provides absolutely excellent products in a timely fashion. I have primarily used genscript to order codon optimized artificial genes. Ordering artificial genes on their website or via Email makes this especially facile because I can simply inquire about a gene, get a quote and then get a PO#. The whole process is fast and the turnaround time for obtaining the finished product is usually less than a month. I also think their technical support are wonderful people, they have been most helpful in facilitating the process. I am so impressed with them that I have recommended them to several of my colleagues."
― Dr. Maria Schumacher, The University of Texas. M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
Newest List of Publications Cited the Use of OptimumGene™ Codon Optimization
- Sa Kan Yoo, Taylor W. Starnes, Qing Deng & Anna Huttenlocher. Lyn is a redox sensor thatmediates leukocyte wound attraction in vivo. Nature. Dec 2011; 480(01):109-112
- Guillaume Bouvignies, Pramodh Vallurupalli, D. Flemming Hansen, Bruno E. Correia, Oliver Lange, Alaji Bah, Robert M. Vernon, Frederick W. Dahlquist, David Baker & Lewis E. Kay. Solution structure of aminor and transiently formed state of a T4 lysozyme mutant. Nature. Sep 2011; 477(01):111-114
- D H Aggen, A S Chervin, T M Schmitt, B Engels, J D Stone, S A Richman, K H Piepenbrink, B M Baker, P D Greenberg, H Schreiber andD M Kranz. Single-chain VαVβ T-cell receptors function without mispairing with endogenous TCR chains. Gene Therapy. July 2011
Proven increase in protein expression through optimizing a variety of parameters
Fig. 1. GenScript OptimumGene™ codon optimization genes increased the yield of expression (8 out of 10 genes) and the degree of solubility in some cases (6 out of 10 genes) compared to the native genes.
Reference: Burgess-Brown NA, Sharma S, Sobott F, Loenarz C, Oppermann U, Gileadi O. Codon optimization can improve expression of human genes in Escherichia coli: A multi-gene study. Protein Expr Purif. May 2008; 59(1): 94-102
Significant Increase Drug Target Proteins Expression Level in E.coli.
Figures below manifested the effectiveness of the OptimumGene™ technology in increasing drug target proteins expression levels for two different genes expressed in E.coli.
Fig. 2. GenScript's OptimumGene™ codon optimization delivered 10 times higher expression level for protein α compared to non-optimized native gene sequence. The expression level was 3 times more than that from Competitor GA's optimization method.
Fig. 3. GenScript's OptimumGene™ codon optimization delivered 20 times higher expression level for protein β compared to non-optimized native gene sequence. The expression level was 13 times more than that from Competitor GA's optimization method.