GenScript Biotech Corporation ("We" in this notification) as the operator of this website https://www.genscript.com ("GenScript") is the responsible body for the handling of personal data of users of the GenScript information services ("You").
We take the protection of your personal data seriously. We have taken technical and organizational steps to ensure that the data protection regulations are observed by ourselves and our service providers.
In accordance with the applicable data protection regulations, we have provided information below on the type, extent and purpose of the collection, processing and use of data obtained in connection with your use of GenScript.
Collection of Personal Information
At GenScript.com, you can order products or services, make requests, and register to receive materials. In order to realize some of the functionalities, we may collect and retain your personal information in various ways. The types of personal information collected via these pages may include your name, name of your company, address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, contact and billing information (including shipping address and end-user), transaction, and/or credit card information. Information about particular transactions, such as product purchases over the website, is maintained in our databases in the same or similar manner as such information is maintained for transactions which are done by telephone, fax, etc.
Personal Information Collection
Personal information is collected for necessary business purposes and also to better understand and serve you as a customer or a user of our websites. We promise to collect, share, transfer and use personal information with adequate notice or consent. We uncompromisingly stand by this promise.
Personal information will be collected in various occasions when applicable. For example, when you choose to register with GenScript as a registered user, place an order for products or services, subscribe to newsletters, marketing and support materials, participate in reward or promotion program, survey, or even apply for a job at GenScript, personal information will be asked and requested to complete these transactions. We may collect the personal information in following categories:
- Information for the purpose of registering with the GenScript to be a registered user; including your contact information such as your name, organization, address, phone and fax number, and email address;
- Information about your visiting or use our websites, including any information identifiable or unidentifiable recorded or traced when you visit our websites and web pages, including visiting history, hit counts and time;
- Information about transactions carried out over this website, including your personal contact, financial information such as credit card information, bank account information and various verifying information; other information such as IDs and passwords, billing and transaction information, organization information;
- Information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services, such as newsletters, products updates, marketing and support materials, participate in reward or promotion program, survey, including information about your contact information, your interests and preferences in various products or services;
- Information when applying a job at GenScript, including your contact preferences, educational background and employment history and job interest data;
- Any other information that you send to GenScript;
- Information that third parties send to GenScript or that are in public domain.
If you merely browse GenScript websites, you will be recorded as a hit only and GenScript will not collect any personal information from you unless otherwise stated.
Using Personal Information
The information we collect help us to better serve you as a customer and user and to meet your needs and suit your interests. The information collected will help us deliver a consistent high quality product and service to you. We may use the information to:
- administer and improve our websites;
- publish your testimonials;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- send you products that you purchase;
- supply to you services that you purchase;
- send you statements and invoices;
- contact and collect payments from you;
- send you marketing communications, updates, rewards programs, services and product information;
- send you information about your account, changes to any relevant agreements, statements and policies;
- assist us to implement an rewards program and/or other promotions;
- compile and analyze aggregate statistics and trends;
- conduct market and customer analyses;
- respond to your request and improve the content, services, and products.
You will be provided opportunity to choose your privacy preferences regarding the communications we send. If you do not want to receive any such communication from us, you may opt out by declining the service offered when registering or unclick the check box at other information collection points on our websites or in our e-mails; or informing us that you no longer wish to receive such communication.
Before we publish your testimonials on our websites, we will seek an expressed permission from you. The testimonials will be only posted on our websites with the expressed permission of the individual or company who provides that testimonial.
Credit card information is used only for payment processing and fraud prevention. Credit card information and other sensitive personal information required to process a transaction on credit will not be used for any other purpose by our financial services providers or GenScript. We will not keep the credit card information longer than necessary for processing the transaction or providing the services, unless you permit us to retain such information for future purchases or services.
We will take all necessary and practical steps to ensure that your personal data will not be kept longer than necessary. We are committed to compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements concerning the retention and use of personally identifiable information.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified above, we may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required by law, in compliance with court order in any legal proceedings, and in order to establish, claim, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Sharing Personal Information
We will not sell, rent or lease your personally identifiable information you provide to us to any external parties without your permission, except where required by law or governmental or judicial bodies with proper authority.
Security of Personal Information
We are committed to safeguard the personal information you provide to us. We will take reasonable technical and organizational safety measures to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
We use the standard known as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption for any transmission of personal or financial information from your PC to our servers. Beyond the SSL barrier, your data is protected once it reaches our network through the use of secure multi-tiered firewalls. Whole or portion of your data may also be encrypted on our storage server for additional security.
Cross-border Data Transfers
Access to Information You Provided
You may at any time request access to your personal information held by us. You may review, edit, correct, delete, or update that information at any time. All requests for access to, or correction or deletion of personal information should be made via email to Bhama Parimoo at email@example.com. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for processing of any personal information access request. We will, upon making reasonable efforts to verify your identity, endeavour to handle and respond to such requests promptly.
GenScript does not target its websites to children under 13 and does not knowingly collect personally information from children under the age of 13.
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- by post to Customer Relations, GenScript Inc., 860 Centennial Avenue, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA.