Antibody Fluorescent Labeling Service
Continue your custom antibody generation with our antibody fluorescent labeling service. GenScript's 13 years of experience generating custom antibodies allows us to offer quick and cost effective custom fluorescent antibody packages. Starting from customer supplied antibodies or GenScript generated custom antibodies, we deliver fluorescently labeled antibodies in just 2 weeks. Choose from 14 fluorophore options covering the spectrum from blue through near-infrared shown below:
|Fluorescent Dye Name||Ex (nm)||Em (nm)||Color|
Benefits of iFluor labeling:
While there are many fluorophores available for antibody labeling, not all are created equal. GenScript offers labeling with iFluor dyes as they have superior properties compared to alternatives including:
- Greater photo-stability: The energy used to excite a fluorophore and drive subsequent light emission, can also destroy fluorescence. Known as "photobleaching," prolonged exposure to light chemically destroys the dye through non-reversible cleavage of covalent bonds. This can be problematic for repeated imaging of samples, or during extended periods of sampling such as those involved in time-lapse imaging. iFluor chemistry allows for durable fluorescence due to improved resistance to photobleaching compared to alternative dyes of comparable wavelengths.
- Stronger absorption and fluorescence: Fluorophore performance depends upon the ability to absorb and emit the greatest amount of energy within its intended wavelength. iFluor commonly outperforms other fluorophores emission strength, making for extremely sensitive and robust detection of your labeled antibody.
- Resilient signals in varying pH: Harsh environments such as lysosomes can degrade typical fluorophores, negatively impacting their performance. iFluor pH-insensitive dyes offer optimal signal detection from pH 3 to 11.
When using fluorophores, individually or in a multiplex format, it is important to pay attention to a few technical features including:
- Instrument capabilities:
- Wavelength overlap:
Before choosing fluorophores, confirm the specifications of the equipment that will be used to measure or visualize the appropriate wavelengths. Excitation and emission energies of fluorophores should match the laser and/or filter combination energy as closely as possible. Depending on the generation of your equipment, wavelengths may be predetermined or selectable to within ±2.5 nm range.
When using multiple fluorophores, maximal separation between each excitation and emission wavelength will result in the least bleed-through (cross-emission, cross-excitation, emission/excitation overlap) from one fluorophore to the next. Signal amplitude may also create this unwanted overlap and should be taken into consideration. If overlap is unavoidable, prioritize separation of excitation wavelengths.
Antibody Fluorescent Labeling Service Key Features
- Minimum amount is only 1 mg
- Standard packages scale to 10 mg
- Direct immunofluorescence benefits:
- reduces background as compared to indirect immunofluorescence
- expedites staining
- simplifies multi-signal assays (e.g., co-localization studies)
- allows use of multiple antibodies from same species
|Amount||Antibody Source||Cat #||Price|
|1-5 mg||GenScript custom Ab||SC1792||$999|
|6-10 mg||GenScript custom Ab||SC1791||$1,699|
|> 10 mg||Inquire for time and pricing|
- All packages include a full QC report including:
- Fluorescence to Antibody Ratio (degree of labeling)
- Customer provided antibody requirements:
- No carrier protein (e.g., BSA, KLH)
- ≥ 85% purity
- ≥ 0.5 mg/ml
Antibody Fluorescent Labeling Related Services
Don't have an antibody to label yet? Let GenScript make one for you. All our service offerings seamlessly integrate to create your custom solution and facilitate your research. Start with one of our popular antibody generation services below:
- PolyExpress™ Antibody Service: our polyclonal antibody service can deliver you 3 antibodies in just 45 days starting from only your sequence
- MonoExpress™ Antibody Service: high quality, purified monoclonal antibodies guaranteed to work in your application.
- Semi-custom Monoclonal Antibody Production Services: you can go from antigen sequence to antibody production with as little as 3 easy decisions.
Quotation and Ordering
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, Monday through Friday to assist you.